Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV
|For an overview of all Pip-Boy models, see Pip-Boy.|
Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV
Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV starting up
The Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV is the user interface in Fallout 4. It is a more advanced make of the Pip-Boy 3000, the electronic Personal Information Processor (PIP) manufactured by RobCo Industries in the mid-21st century, and acts as the player's HUD in the game.
Background[edit | edit source]
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Rather than the biometric lock used by the 3000A model, the Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV can easily be put on like a bracelet with a metal clasp on the bottom. The graphics displayed are no longer static either, and constantly move to display statistics, perks and the like. Instead of just three tabs to organize the users information, there are five with the Map and Radio tabs being given their own separate button.
Functions[edit | edit source]
Status tab[edit | edit source]
- Status - displays the user's Hit Points, personal condition, Action Points, Level, current damage, energy and radiation resistance, current damage with the weapon equipped, and any other effects the user may be experiencing
- SPECIAL - displays the user's SPECIAL statistics
- Perks - displays the perks the user has taken or earned
Inventory tab[edit | edit source]
- Weapons - Lists all of the weapons the user possesses
- Apparel - Lists all of the armor and clothing the user possesses
- Aid - Lists all of the medicine, chems and other consumables the user possesses
- Misc - Lists all of the holodisks, notes, books, magazines and quest items the user possesses
- Junk - Lists all of the junk items the user currently possesses and can break down
- Mods - Lists all of the modifications currently on weapons
- Ammo - Lists all of the ammunition the user possesses.
Data tab[edit | edit source]
- Quests - Keeps track of quests and miscellaneous tasks that have been added
- Workshops - Keeps track of the conditions of all settlements the user is in charge of
- Stats - Lists all of the various things the user has done or found; broken into general, quest, combat, crafting, and crime categories.
Map tab[edit | edit source]
The local and world maps for use in navigating the world
Radio tab[edit | edit source]
Any radio frequencies that can be picked up
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- File:Fallout4 PIPBoy Edition ESRB 1434323636.jpg: "PIP-Boy Model 3000 Mk IV
Manufactured by RobCo Industries for Distribution by Vault-Tec Corp
NOT FOR CIVILIAN USE"