Plasma scattergun (Fallout 76)
This plasma rifle is a lightweight urban warfare weapon created as part of a desire to replace the aging Winchester P94 "Plasma Caster" design. This design was produced and fielded in number prior to the Great War of October 23, 2077. This however was not the end of the design nor manufacture of this weapon platform. Prior to the nuclear Armageddon REPCONN Aerospace – as a subsidiary of RobCo Industries – would successfully develop an improvement from their spaceflight research. With significantly advanced factions tinkering with the design post Armageddon.
This rifle uses a microfusion cell as its power source and draws plasma from a separate cartridge. When depressing the trigger a plasma toroid is produced that can remain stable under normal atmospheric conditions. This toroid is then ejected down a superconducting barrel against a given target.
A plasma "shotgun" similar to the multiplas rifle. Focused on combat in tight quarters.
The above template is generated from Template:F76 co Weapon Ranged PlasmaGun. For corrections, edit the target template.
- Crafted by adding a splitter barrel to a regular plasma gun.
- The cover of the Future Weapons Today periodical as seen in Fallout: New Vegas has a section prominently promoted entitled "Urban Plasma Rifles."
- Energy weapon forge
- In Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 both the Institute and the Brotherhood of Steel are origins of such designs acquirable by the player character. See the variations list on the overview article.
- Fort Independence terminals; Research Terminal, Research Log - Plasma Rifle
- Research Note - Plasma rifle