Pleasant Valley Ski Resort
Pleasant Valley Ski Resort
Pleasant Valley Ski Resort is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Once a luxurious resort catering to the wealthy denizens of the Eastern Seaboard, with a variety of skiing and hiking trails, as well as luxury spas and other amenities, the ski resort seemed set for greatness... Until it was cut off from civilization by the Great War. When the supplies ran out, the wealthy clientele realized they had no meaningful survival skills or tools to eke out an existence. The brutal mountain winter of 2077/78 took a great toll, forcing them to turn to savagery, cannibalism, and leading to the emergence of Appalachian raiders, led by the vicious David Thorpe, who quickly unseated Harland Mcclintock as the leader of the unpleasant folks of Pleasant Valley.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- This article covers the resort proper, located by the Top of the World. For other uses, see Pleasant Valley Cabins.
- The resort has two major areas, the raider stronghold, crafted out of wood, junk, and canvas, and the derelict resort buildings. The fortress used to cover the ground approach to the resort and was used as a stronghold and barracks by the raiders. It's still filled with their corpses and numerous weapon spawns. There's also a tuba in the cul-de-sac, for the musically (and experience) inclined.
- The resort proper is mostly derelict and boarded up. Only the main building remains, accessible from the reception and luggage collection desk. From there, the player can use the collapsed balcony to access the upper floor and descend first to the office and resort shop with a raider bot set up inside (with several high value loot spawns in the back room), and to the basement, where the luggage area is located. Accessing it requires the ID card, located ....
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Holotapes and notes
- Harland's Up To No Good: In the office opposite the vendor bot.
- Raider Cache Keycard: The keycard under a doormat in the basement of the resort can be obtained during the mission Key to the Past.
- Potential bobbleheads
- On the red ski gondola, atop the Raider defensive wall, on the eastern corner of the defenses.
- On the shelf with the three teddy bears, inside the main lodge at the Responder Trading Post, next to the Vendor Bot and counter.
- On the desk with the ruined terminal and holotape, in the Employees Only office, on the hallway inside the main lodge, close to the Trading Post.
- Potential magazines
- On the small round white metal table, on the deck by the yellow chair, east side of the upper deck, northwest "Trading Post" lodge; access via the double doors, from the interior upstairs hallway (exterior).
- On the left barrel (the other barrel has a white vodka bottle on it), on the deck of the north lodge (next to the lodge with the Trading Post inside) (exterior).
- On the small round white metal table, on the deck by the yellow chair, south side upper deck of the south lodge; access via the dead hedge, eaves of the porch, and ladder on the eastern side of the lodge (exterior).
- Dynamic spawns
No location theme keyword variable specified - check the infobox!
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Pleasant Valley Ski Resort appears in Fallout 76.