This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Portal:Community".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Proposed Move[edit source]
- I know, it's just here because I wanted to leave the current redirect at the Community Portal page while this page is still a WIP. Guess I'll just move it now that it's in a somewhat presentably shape. -- Porter21 (talk) 09:30, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Page setup[edit source]
Not sure whether the task lists should be moved to subpages as it is done at the other portal pages. The only benefit I see would be to stop people from accidentally screwing up the portal design. Input appreciated. -- Porter21 (talk) 09:55, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think a separate page for each in the Project namespace, like wikipedia has the WikiProjects. Project:Fallout 3? --Odie5533 10:10, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sure. Just moved it to the Portal: namespace to get rid of the Oasis sidebar. Ausir(talk) 19:06, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
changing character[edit source]
how do i change my characters hair and stuff once im already into the game? in Fallout 3 you had that robot in your megaton house who would do haircuts. please help
In New Vegas I assume, Apart from The kings hairdresser Sergio, the only way to change your hair is using the console to open the barbershop menu, "ShowBarberMenu"."generally speaking if you can see your character's face your doing it wrong" Felix1942 06:59, February 21, 2011 (UTC) Felix1942
- The console command "ShowRaceMenu" will allow you to remake your character's Sex, Face, Race, Age and Hair at any time. Just open Console Commands ~ and type " Player.showracemenu ". The character creation application will pop up but the face screen will be dark. Don't worry, just hit the "~" again to exit console commands & you will then be able to totally remake your character's apearance.
SaintPain's Sig line : That was broken afore I got here ! 04:29, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
Are we supposed to put summaries of our changes in actual pages? Or is that just a thing for talk pages?--Bigwill817 16:03, February 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Why ask that here?
- Anyway, summaries go in the little bar on the bottom of the save changes page. Generally, real tiny edits or real obvious edits don't need summaries. Nitty Tok. 16:11, February 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay thanks, I was afraid I might be doing something wrong. I'm not sure why I put it here. I just clicked "You can help" and thought this would be the place to ask because it is mainly about user editing.--Bigwill817 16:22, February 9, 2011 (UTC)
why do you only get one companion in fallout 3 but in new vegas you get two why is that
free caps in fallout new vegas[edit source]
if you go to freeside and you got the quest done for the atomic wrangler and you got that robot and you go up to it and say never mind it will give you ten caps all the time
yes but it takes a long time to accumulate a lot of caps.
Hello, I have the CMD for it if you want to use. Type this into the "`/~" menu Player.additem 000000f "Amount of caps you want" Ex. Player.additem 000000f 1000000