Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06
Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06
Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06 is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
A nuclear power plant operated by Poseidon Energy, one of the three that provided West Virginia with the energy it needed to function. A planned expansion before the Great War was interrupted by the nuclear holocaust, leaving naught but the foundations of the cooling tower.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Located at the northeastern end of Charleston, the Poseidon nuclear power plant is a massive beast, with two large cooling towers to the northeast and another expansion to the southwest, surrounding the main building. The parking lot to the south and the main gates border the transformer yard, which is a claimable workshop. Just on the other side of the road is a protest camp erected by the miners during the repeat of the coal wars before the Great War.
- The exterior has a number of locations to inspect. Each cooling tower has a maintenance hut, with a collectible spawn nearby (western has a bobblehead outside the doors, the eastern a magazine in the hut). The roof is worth checking out as well for a number of maintenance huts and gantries that contain loot spawns, collectibles, and a locked safe.
- The interior can be confusing due to the amount of nooks and crannies. The main entrance leads to the lobby and staff areas, with the plant office and control room upstairs. Immediately adjacent to it, to the northwest, is the loading dock and fuel storage, with the stairwell to the basement in the connecting corridor. The basement contains the primary locker room, workroom, and maintenance access to fuel storage and through it the reactor. the basement is where nearly all the crafting stations are located, and has a maintenance corridor leading to the expansion cooling tower, including storage and boilers in the adjacent rooms.
- The main reactor is set up vis-a-vis the turbine hall, connected through gantries and a security and decontamination station.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Notes and holotapes
- Power armor
- Potential power armor: Basement workroom, behind the level 2 security gate.
- Potential bobbleheads
- At the end of the giant T-shaped horizontal pipes that enter the first of the two cooling towers, near a chem-addled skeleton; access via the gantry stairs on the northeast side of the main building.
- Inside a crate at the very end of the catwalks that circle around the smokestacks on the uppermost roof of the energy plant.
- On the west corner of the expansion cooling tower roof, by a skeleton slumped against the tower, with chems scattered about. Enhanced jumping may be required to reach this location.
- In the largest pool in the Fuel Storage chamber, on an underwater girder (interior).
- In the Reactor Room, on the south side girders (with Cap Stashes), supporting the top of the reactor near the ceiling; carefully jump from the computer bank on the highest gantry to eventually reach it.
- Potential magazines
- On the small filing cabinet, left of the metal desk with the broken terminal inside the small blue maintenance hut, on the northeastern gantry platforms and stairs facing the cooling towers (exterior).
- Propped up against the radio, by the "Teddy Bears' Picnic" scenic anomaly, on the northwestern edge of the main plant roof’s highest level, behind the smokestacks.
- On the yellow diagnostic cart, near the two gigantic fans on the section of the main plant roof just above the front entrance.
- Vertical, between the consoles and the machinery, inside the maintenance room in the center of cooling tower #1.
- Behind some boxes, on the bottom shelf in the locker room near the reactor room (interior).
- On the lowest shelf of the metal shelves near the overturned cart in the basement locker room (interior).
- On the desk in the Plant Manager's office, near the windows overlooking the turbine hall (interior).
- On the table, on the top-most gantry platform in the Reactor Room.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Loose screws
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06 appears in Fallout 76.