Characteristics[edit | edit source]
One interesting property of this item is that it is one of the few things in the game that can be picked up that is also "hollow", e.g. soda bottles, ammunition, or anything else small enough to fit inside it can actually be physically placed inside it (note that it does not actually have an inventory option, the items must be manually placed inside). This item is good for placing items inside by using the grab function in order to bring them to a safe and more hidden place to steal them.
Pots also appear in Fallout: New Vegas but are not as rare as those in Fallout 3, they also range in height. With the Honest Hearts add-on, the pot does have a minor role in crafting "cookery-to-metal", which calls for 1 metal cooking pan, 1 metal cooking pot, and 1 pot to convert to scrap metal. This must be crafted at a workbench, and the player must have a Repair skill of 25.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Fallout 3[edit | edit source]
- One can be picked up is on a table next to an empty whisky bottle in Georgetown, just after exiting the connection to Foggy Bottom Station.
- Another can be found in the Arlington Library next to the fallen Nuka-Cola machine on the bottom floor, just before you fight the first raiders.
- If you have the Point Lookout add-on, one can be found north by northeast of Herzog Mine, near the wall of Ark & Dove Cathedral. Another can be found outside of Marguerite's Shack next to her shack wall holding up some shot glasses.
Fallout: New Vegas[edit | edit source]
- One can be found at Mrs. Hostetler house.
- Two pots can be found in the mess kitchen in Sloan. You have to steal them.
- You can get 5 pots for free in Miguel's Pawn Shop.
- There are about 6 or 7 pots in the storage room on Black Mountain.
- 5 pots can be found in Primm, in the room where the convict leader is.
- One pot can be found laying on the floor in Powder Ganger camp south.
- Two or three pots can be found in Camp McCarran in the Mess Hall, on some barrels.
- A pot can be found in Marked Men Guard Outpost, added by the Lonesome Road add-on.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans (Fallout: New Vegas) - one pot, along with many other supplies, are needed to repair a food processor.