Fallout 76 power armor
Power armor is a major part of gameplay in Fallout 76.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Power armor is not equipped in the usual sense of the word – it is a separate world entity that is entered from the back - the armor unfolds, the operator steps in, and then seals around them. To enter power armor, simply use an empty suit. To exit, hold down the use key (E by default on PC, A on Xbox One, and X on PlayStation 4). The power armor also replaces the standard HUD with its own heads-up display, including a compass and gauges for hit points, action points, radiation, the remaining number of fusion cores available, and an ammunition counter.
The power armor suit is made out of six individual components: the helmet, torso, two arms, and two legs, worn over a power armor frame. Each component can be swapped out and the suit can be as unified or as jigsaw as the player wants it to be. In combat, damage is tracked individually per piece and it is possible for them to be damaged to the point of shattering, requiring them to be repaired.
Power armor also requires a charged fusion core for its operation and consumes the charge at a steady rate whenever the player is moving. The rate at which the fusion core runs out of charge increases drastically if one sprints in it. If the charge runs out and there are no replacements, movement speed is greatly reduced and the player cannot perform power attacks or sprint. However, it will protect against fall damage regardless of charge, allowing for dramatic escapes. The helmet-mounted flashlight will also continue to work.
If one abandons their power armor, a marker will automatically appear on the Pip-Boy map displaying the location of the armor. However, this marker will only display the most recent suit of power armor exited.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Greatly increased resistance to ballistic, energy, and radiation damage.
- Immunity to fall damage.
- Increased carrying capacity. While equipped, power armor components are weightless.
- Faster sprinting and jumping.
- Ability to upgrade power armor with additional functionality.
- Head-mounted directional flashlight.
- Sealed armor allows for walking underwater for several minutes before beginning to suffocate.
- Helmet prevents contracting airborne and waterborne hazards.
- Power armor has a limited health pool for each component and has to be periodically repaired. Once broken, parts cannot be equipped until they are repaired at a power armor station.
- One cannot use crafting stations or furniture while power armor is equipped.
- When underwater, the operator can only move at a walking pace.
- Wearing power armor without a power armor helmet prevents use of the flashlight.
- Power Armor requires at least one Fusion Core to function properly. Without one, you are unable to sprint, power attack, or fast travel.
List of power armor[edit | edit source]
Power armor plays a slightly different role and is intended less as a straightforward progression than a tactical choice, balancing the cost of repairs against the protection. The basic frame provides 60 damage resistance against each damage type.
|Model||Level req.||Parts||Ballistic protection||Energy protection||Radiation protection|
|Armor level||Armor level||Armor level|
|Raider Power Armor||15||Limbs||24||33||42||51||24||33||42||51||24||33||42||51|
|Excavator Power Armor||25||Limbs||24||30||36||24||30||36||24||30||36|
|T-45 Power Armor||25||Limbs||34||44||54||34||44||54||34||44||54|
|T-51 Power Armor||30||Limbs||45||56||68||45||56||68||27||33||49|
|T-60 Power Armor||40||Limbs||50||60||45||55||50||60|
|X-01 Power Armor||45||Limbs||50||60||56||68||56||68|
|Ultracite Power Armor||50||Limbs||68||59||59|
Graph comparison[edit | edit source]
- Hover over each bar for detailed information on the armor's level. Numbers inside the bars denote the level of damage resistance. For information on how the game calculates damage resistance, see this article.
|Raider power armor||Excavator power armor||T-45 power armor||T-51 power armor||T-60 power armor||X-01 power armor||Ultracite power armor|
Power armor locations[edit | edit source]