Pre-War book (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of pre-War books appearing in the Fallout series of games, see pre-War book.|
Pre-War books are books that has not been destroyed, burned, or otherwise rendered unreadable and are a common item within the Mojave Wasteland, and can be found inside most occupied dwellings. These books are relatively common by comparison to its destroyed/burned/ruined counterparts, and come in a variety of colors and sizes. There are nine varieties of pre-War books, with four different color patterns and two different sizes. Although most varieties of pre-War books are worth one bottle cap, a "relatively" rare variety of blue pre-War book is worth five.
- Rare blue
- Green (large)
- Dark brown/blue (large)
- Red (large)
- Blue (large)
- Dark brown/blue
The rare blue variety is only known to reliably appear in these locations:
- 1 book in the Mining office of Sloan.
- 1 book in the entrance hall of Vault 22.
- 3 books in an unoccupied motel room in Novac.
Other generic pre-War books can be found here:
- 118 books can be found on a shelf in the Lucky 38 penthouse.
- 28 of them are located inside Doc Mitchell's house.
- 19 can be found in the NCR Embassy
- 16 are found in the Nellis schoolhouse at Nellis Air Force Base.
- Vault 3 and Vault 21 have many books in the living quarters.
- An entire bookshelf of pre-War books can be found in the barracks of the Mojave Outpost.
- there is two in the sink in Old World Blues
- Pre-War books are much more common in the Mojave Wasteland, but cannot be exchanged for caps other than selling them to merchants.