We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
While the battle for Prickett's Fort never happened, we will be running a re-enactment of what such a battle may have been like.”— Robot guide
Prickett's Fort is a location in Fallout 76.
Built on a rocky outcropping overlooking the river, Prickett's Fort is a barely historical amusement park, erected in the 20th century as a recreation of a refuge fort built around the homestead of Jacob Prickett in 1774, to defend European settlers from Native American raids after the Yellow Creek massacre that triggered Lord Dunmore's War.
When the local historical society decided to reconstruct Prickett's Fort, they used rather... Exaggerated references to create a much more elaborate fortified complex than the one that was actually used by Prickett or any other frontier settler and was placed several miles away from its actual location, as a railway line was passing through the site. As such, the fort was branded a representational example of frontier forts in the American West.
Riding the wave of historical interest that sweeped the nation before the Great War, the Society for the Preservation of Historical Recreations together with the town of Grafton invested heavily in the Fort, maintaining the reconstruction and, in order to increase its attractiveness to tourists, creating a speculative reenactment, asking several questions: What if Prickett's Fort was actually located where it was? And lasted into the American Civil War, nearly a hundred years? And what if Union and Confederate soldiers clashed in battle to control it?
Points of interest
- Prickett's Fort is a fairly sizable complex that is spread out among the rocks on the Appalachian slopes. Just off the road, in the western part of the area, are the parking lots together with the museum and reception cabin. The curator usually hangs around that spot.
- Up the trail from the parking is a representative blacksmith shop. Most exhibits have an interactive display that can be activated to listen to a short description of the item and area in question.
- Further up the trail is the Fort itself, with numerous timber structures. These include a mess hall, barracks, and numerous watchtowers with a variety of low-level loot. There are also two cooking stations scattered across the fort.
- Down the slope from the fort lies the main gift shop, offering another stop for minor loot.
- Behind the blacksmith building is an outhouse with a dead Vault Dweller.
- Dynamic spawns
- Headwear: Red bandana, trilby hat, newsboy cap, green rag hat, battered fedora, sunglasses, bottlecap sunglasses, combat armor helmet, cop cap, faded visor, black-rim glasses, baseball cap, patrolman sunglasses, blue bandana, green bandana, striped bandana.
Prickett's Fort appears in Fallout 76.
- Real-life history.
- Prickett's Fort curator
- Event: The Battle that Never Was