Prickly pear fruit is a consumable item in Fallout: New Vegas. It is the fruit from a prickly pear cactus.
Unlike barrel cactus fruit, prickly pear fruit is rather healthy, and doesn't detract from Endurance. Two prickly pears are required to craft a bloatfly slider, and two of them can be squeezed into an empty soda bottle to make some purified water.
|10||+1 Hit Point, -18 Dehydration, -12 Starvation||60||+2 Hit Point, -33 Dehydration, -22 Starvation|
|20||+1 Hit Point, -21 Dehydration, -14 Starvation||70||+2 Hit Point, -36 Dehydration, -24 Starvation|
|30||+1 Hit Point, -24 Dehydration, -16 Starvation||80||+2 Hit Point, -39 Dehydration, -26 Starvation|
|40||+1 Hit Point, -27 Dehydration, -18 Starvation||90||+2 Hit Point, -42 Dehydration, -28 Starvation|
|50||+2 Hit Point, -30 Dehydration, -20 Starvation||100||+3 Hit Point, -45 Dehydration, -30 Starvation|
With the add-on Old World Blues, this item can be crafted by the player.
- A large amount of the fruit can be found growing around in Zion Canyon, mainly on cliffs and near rivers.
- A patch of 4 can be found by traveling directly east from mole rat ranch, in the desert between it and the power line towers.
- A patch of 4 can be found directly northwest of the Legion raid camp, on the west side of the road towards Ranger station Charlie.
- A patch of 3 can be found on the south end of Novac, behind the gas station with the reloading bench and workbench.
- A patch of 3 can be found to the southeast of Novac, just off the highway, between Novac and Clark Field.
- A patch of 3 can be found outside Harper's Shack.
- 3 plants can be located just east of Mojave home, where the mad brahmin reside; two of the plants are near the big rocks in the back.
- 3 plants can be found close to Carlyle St. Clair's house to the east and west along the cliff base.
- At least 2 prickly pear plants can be found just south of the northern passage, near the shack where the Jackal gang members have set up camp just outside of New Vegas; as you walk down from the northern passage, you will see smoke from their campfire; that's the best way to find the location easily. Two Jackal gang members reside there; get them out of the way, and the prickly pear is free for the taking. Near the same location, you will also find at least 4 barrel cactus fruit, two Nevada agave fruit, one Honey Mesquite plant, and one banana yucca fruit.
- One plant grows outside Nellis Air Force Base, on the east side of the bombed-out town.
- One plant grows just North of Gibson Scrap Yard, directly North of Old Lady Gibson's garage.
- Several plants grow near the Mole Rat Ranch.
- One plant can be found in the fenced backyard (southmost side) of the Goodsprings house where Sunny Smiles and Trudy head to for the night. Although it is marked red, as it had to be stolen, no Karma is lost when the fruits are picked up.
- On the shore of Lake Mead, also on the shore near the crashed B-29 Bomber.
- One can be acquired every 3 in-game days after the completion of Field Research, once you have upgraded the Biological research station.
- Carrying prickly pear fruit will give you four times more hydration per weight than water. This bonus rises to 7.5 times (1285 H2O recovery per pound of weight carried) with 100 Survival and the Pack Rat and Camel of the Mojave perks. Without Camel of the Mojave (because of consuming prickly pear instead of water) this rises further to 8.6 times (1285/150).
- Turning two prickly pear fruits into one bottle of purified water increases the H2O benefit from 90 to 150 at 100 Survival at the expense of 0.86 pounds of weight over simply carrying the fruits by themselves.
|Chems||Ant nectar · Ant queen pheromones · Antivenom · Auto-inject stimpak · Auto-inject super stimpak · Blood Shield · Buffout · Cateye · Coyote tobacco chew · Datura antivenom · Datura hide · Fire ant nectar · Fixer · Fiery purgative · Ghost Sight · Healing poultice · Healing powder (Legate healing powder) · Hydra · Jet (Dixon's Jet) · Med-X · Mentats (Berry Mentats, Grape Mentats, Orange Mentats, Party Time Mentats) · Psycho (Slasher) · Rad-X · RadAway · Rebound · Rocket · Rushing Water · Stimpak (Stimpak, Expired, Stimpak, Homemade) · Steady · Super stimpak · Turbo · Ultrajet · Weapon binding ritual|
|Drinks||Absinthe · Atomic cocktail · Beer (irradiated beer) · Battle brew · Black coffee · Blood pack · Bitter drink · Dirty water (irradiated water) · Large Wasteland tequila · Moonshine · Nuka-Cola (ice cold Nuka-Cola, Nuka-Cola Quartz, Nuka-Cola Victory, Nuka-Cola Quantum) · Purified water · Rum & Nuka · Scotch (irradiated Scotch, Jake Juice) · Sierra Madre martini · Sunset Sarsaparilla (irradiated Sunset Sarsaparilla) · Vodka · Wasteland tequila · Whiskey (Dixon's whiskey, irradiated whiskey) · Wine (drugged wine)|
|Edibles||Ant egg · Ant meat · Banana yucca fruit (irr. banana yucca) · Barrel cactus fruit (irr. barrel cactus) · Bighorner meat · Bighorner steak · Blamco Mac & Cheese (irr. Mac & Cheese) · Bloatfly meat · Bloatfly slider · Blood sausage (black blood sausage) · Brahmin meat · Brahmin steak · Brahmin Wellington · Broc flower · Bubblegum · Buffalo gourd seed · Caravan lunch · Cave fungus (mutant cave fungus) · Cazador egg · Cook-Cook's Fiend stew · Coyote meat · Coyote steak · Cram (irradiated Cram) · Crispy squirrel bits · Crunchy mutfruit (irr. crunchy mutfruit) · Dandy Boy Apples (irr. Dandy Boy apples) · Daturana · Desert salad · Dog meat · Dog steak · Fancy Lads Snack Cakes (irr. Fancy Lads) · Fire ant egg · Fire ant fricassée · Fire ant meat · Fresh apple · Fresh carrot · Fresh pear · Fresh potato (irradiated potato) · Gecko kabob · Gecko meat (irr. gecko meat) · Gecko steak · Ghost People flesh · Giant rat meat · Grilled mantis · Gum drops · Honey mesquite pod · Human flesh · Human remains · Iguana bits · Iguana-on-a-stick · Imitation strange meat pie · Instamash (irradiated InstaMash) · Jalapeño pepper · Junk food · Lakelurk egg · Lakelurk meat · Maize · Mole rat meat (mole rat wonder meat) · Mole rat stew · MRE · Mushroom Cloud · Mutfruit (irradiated mutfruit) · Nevada agave fruit · Nightstalker tail · Nightstalker squeezin's · Noodles · Pinto bean pod · Pinyon nuts · Pork n' Beans (irr. Pork N' Beans) · Potato Crisps (irr. Potato Crisps) · Pre-War steak · Preserved meat · Prickly pear fruit · Sacred datura root · Radroach meat · Rat meat · Ruby's casserole · Salient green · Salisbury Steak (irr. Salisbury Steak) · Spore carrier sap · Squirrel on a stick · Squirrel stew · Strange meat · Strange meat pie · Sugar Bombs (irr. Sugar Bombs) · Thin red paste (thick red paste) · Trail mix · Wasteland omelet · White horsenettle · Xander root · Yao guai meat · YumYum Deviled Eggs (irr. YumYum D. Eggs)|
|Venoms||Bleak venom · Cloud Kiss (weak) · Cloud Kiss (potent) · Cloud Kiss (lethal) · Dark datura · Mother Darkness · Silver sting · Tremble|
|Miscellaneous||Doctor's Bag · Stealth Boy · Snakebite Tourniquet · Weapon repair kit|
|Cut content||Focus · Scorpion poison · Scorpion poison grease · Testfx|