Pristine Nuka-Cola machine
|For the lore article covering these machines, see Nuka-Cola vending machine.|
Pristine Nuka-Cola machine
The Nuka-Cola Corporation aggressively marketed their flagship product ever since its introduction in 2044. Low-maintenance vending machines were a crucial part of the strategy, and the corporation's generous investment eventually led to a vending machine on almost every street in the United States by 2067, available in a broad variety of types.
A large, imposing machine with a built-in monochrome monitor at the top for playing advertisements. The machine has been modified from the previous model to allow new bottles to slide into the trays, rather than being deposited mechanically and risking injury. As with the previous model, it's coin-operated with coin-changing functionality.
This particular variant has been restored to full functionality and properly cools bottles to the temperatures at which they should be served.
This particular vending machine will convert regular Nuka-Cola into ice cold Nuka-Cola, doubling their healing capacity (from 10 to 20; the food sanitizer multiplier applies as normal, and the increase is from 12 to 24). It will not alter the value of the items.
The only beverage that can be cooled is regular Nuka-Cola. Quantum cannot be cooled. Moreover, ice cold sodas cannot be used to make more Quantum with the Quantum Chemist perk. Regular Nuka-Cola can still be stored without changing it into ice cold variants by selecting the "Get some ice cold Nuka-Cola" option, since it opens the container that's not checked by the script for conversion purposes.
- In both cases the base price is 500 caps. The value is modified by Barter and the Master Trader perk as normal and can be reduced to 400 caps with 100 Barter and the perk. The purchase also comes with some additional Nuka-Cola decorations.
- Megaton: Purchased from Moira Brown.
- Tenpenny Tower: Bought from Lydia Montenegro or Michael Masters (depending on how the Tenpenny Tower quest was resolved.
- Fallout 4 loading screen hints: "Amateur chemist John-Caleb Bradberton discovered the formula for Nuka-Cola in 2044. Within a year, Nuka-Cola could be purchased across the entire United States."
- Sierra Petrovita: "When Nuka-Cola was invented by John-Caleb Bradberton in 2044, it quickly became the world's most popular soft drink. The wonder drink soon drew a dedicated following which prompted the Nuka-Cola Corporation to release many promotional items like these. By 2067, a Nuka-Cola machine such as this rare pristine model could be found on almost every street in America. Even in today's crazy world, Nuka-Cola is still the number one choice of refreshment among Armageddon's survivors."
(Sierra Petrovita's dialogue)
- See [http://www.vintagevending.com/coca-cola-vendo-81d-soda-machine this article on how a similar Vendo 81D machine operated.