Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Stone (Fallout: New Vegas)
My problem? My problem is we're all going to die. We're out of food, we're out of men, and we're out of time. The Legion is right outside waiting to kill us all. Today... tomorrow... it doesn't matter, we're all going to die here. So why don't you just leave me alone.”
Background[edit | edit source]
The sorry state of the Camp and the near-constant skirmishing with the Legion after the fall of Nelson has taken a heavy toll on the soldiers stationed on the front lines, formerly safe deep behind friendly lines. While all of the soldiers curse, complain, and blame the Republic, the Army, and every officer not stationed with them at Forlorn Hope, only a few find the strain unbearable and turn to substance abuse. Some find solace in alcohol. Others, like Private Stone, use drugs.
His case is exceptional, as he uses the supply of Hydra used to treat wounded soldiers to get a quick fix, sneaking into the medical center and injecting himself with the drug every night during guard change. He doesn't think about the impact it has on the wounded or the war effort, as long as gets that blissful feeling that whisks him off away from the horror of the war, even for a single evening.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Medical Mystery: Stone is the culprit responsible for stealing the supplies from the medical tent. If exposed, Stone is placed in jail permanently. Before that, he will comment on a variety of quests completed by the player, including Restoring Hope and You'll Know It When It Happens.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|NCR trooper armor|
|M&A 9mm pistol|
|Empty hydra syringe|
25% chance of x1 - x9 bottle caps
x1 - x16 9mm rounds (1 guaranteed, 75% chance per each additional)
75% chance of x1 - x12 9mm casings
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I've heard of you. Did you figure on coming out here and helping us lowly troopers out?"
- "[What's your problem?] My problem? My problem is we're all going to die. We're out of food, we're out of men, and we're out of time. The Legion is right outside waiting to kill us all. Today... tomorrow... it doesn't matter, we're all going to die here. So why don't you just leave me alone."
- "[What's your problem?] My problem? My problem is we're all going to die. The Legion may be gone from Nelson, but there's still a whole fucking army of them out there. Today... tomorrow... it doesn't matter, we're all going to die in this war. So why don't you just leave me alone."
- "[How are things around camp?] You kidding me, man? How are things? They're all fucked up, that's how things are! Everyone is either starving or dying out here. Left out to dry by the rest of the NCR. Fuck this place. I'd rather be anywhere else but here."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Stone appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.