Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Background[edit | edit source]
Stolen by hippies (one of whom was Jack, who reported to Allen), this Mister Handy originally belonged to a family in the Nadaville suburbs. Although it tried to escape its thieves, almost alerting the authorities in the process, it was shut down and reprogrammed by the hippie movement at the Sunshine Tidings Co-op. They renamed it "Professor Goodfeels," Johnny their computer technician, reprogramming it with a "Just Be" protocol. Leaving it in a perpetual hover and greet mode. Although as hippies they – at least pretended to – believed in 'peace, freedom, and love,' they never disabled the guard protocols. Leaving them active should they need robotic muscle to help fight or defend themselves.
With the devastation of the Great War this unit was forgotten, simply passing from memory along with the co-op. For the next two hundred and ten years this is how it operated, hovering around the now desolate area and greeting the now feral residents.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a temporary party member.|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
There are four protocols available to operate this Mister Handy robot.
- Guard Protocols: activating this will cause Professor Goodfeels to both follow and guard the player character.
- "Just Be" Protocols: activating this will cause Professor Goodfeels to wander the area and repeat empty headed hippie lines such as "Groovy!", "Far out!", and "Whoa, man!"
- Return for Maintenance Protocols: activating this will cause Professor Goodfeels to will travel west and south to Hester's Consumer Robotics.
- Shut-Down Unit: activating this will cause Professor Goodfeels to stop where it is and go dormant.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Far out!"
- "Whoa, man!"
- "Whoa, man."
- "May I help you?"
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- If set to guard mode Professor Goodfeels will continually repeat the Daleks' famous refrain "Exterminate." from the television series Doctor Who.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Professor Goodfeels appears only in Fallout 4.
- Sunshine Tidings Co-op terminals; Sunshine Tidings Terminal, Log
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.265: "[1.18] SUNSHINE TIDINGS CO-OP
A beatnik farming co-op of cabins and a trading warehouse. Local scuttlebutt suggests the place is haunted by its former residents. Meet Professor Goodfeels, who still rattles about the place. He’ll be a good guard if you hack his protocols at the Sunshine Tidings terminal (Novice). There’s a locked medical cabin here (Novice) too. Did you find the trunk in the western cabin yet?"
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Goodfeels: "Exterminate."