We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Return Morales' corpse to his wife Christina.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Private Christina Morales at Camp McCarran is distraught over her husband, Esteban, who has been killed in action from a Fiend ambush. She asks if you could recover his body so he can have an honorable burial.
Head south from Camp McCarran toward Esteban's body outside REPCONN headquarters. Just north of the REPCONN headquarters, the player will be approached by an NCR trooper show shock that you would put yourself in harms way to retrieve the body of someone you don't even know. The least he can do is offer some advice about retrieving the corpse. He shares that the area is lousy with Fiends and traps, including mines, tripwires and bear traps. Run to Esteban's corpse and pick it up, dragging it back to the NCR checkpoint. The Fiends will take potshots at you while doing so, so eliminating them makes the task easier.
After recovering the body and returning with the news to Pvt. Morales, Doctor Kemp at Camp McCarran will offer discounts on both medical supplies and services.
Journal entries[edit | edit source]
|1||Private Morales has asked me to find and retrieve the corpse of her dead husband. His body is apparently being used as a lure to draw in NCR troops and slaughter them. Better keep a look out for traps and snipers...|
|2||The body is just east of Repconn HQ and I should carry it to the troopers camped out on the north side of the railroad tracks.|
|3||I managed to get Ranger Morales' corpse away from the Fiends. I should return to Pvt. Morales and let her know her husband's body is safe.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If REPCONN headquarters has already been discovered, it can be tempting to fast travel there from Camp McCarran. However, fast traveling there immediately places one in a Fiends ambush and line of fire.
- If the player approaches the barricade with any significant amount of damage while carrying Morales's body, the stunned NCR soldier will comment on how the player sacrificed so much for a stranger.
- Sometimes you can see some troopers at Camp McCarran complaining about the NCR not retrieving the body and how this is affecting morale.
- Mr. New Vegas makes the report about the search and rescue mission after recovering Esteban's corpse, but not having talked to Christina.
- The soldiers at the barricade will mention lots of traps around the area and that they lost a Ranger Jackson trying to retrieve Morales' corpse.
- Looking at area in the GECK reveals that there where going to be more traps surrounding Morales' corpse, such as 16 spawn markers for frag mines, but where overlooked and don't spawn anything.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, the mines set around the body fail to appear around the corpse, while the tripwire shotgun and bear traps are still in place.
- Sometimes Pvt. Christina Morales disappears from the McCarran Concourse Hall after you have started it. If you go to the body, there are no NCR troopers around to take it to.
- Sometimes, if you mess about or leave the body at any point (or enter internal locations which require the game to go to a loading screen), it will disappear leaving no other option but to return to an earlier save point and return to the body's location to complete the quest.
- Ranger Morales is in pieces before you get even close to the body. There are no mines by it. This means that you cannot complete the quest. He may also be stuck inside the pavement, in which case you cannot shoot him.
- Actual quest name from the GECK
- Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide