The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Oh my god... are? You killed them! Are you real? You're here to save us? Where are we going?”
Prosper is a slave found at the train tunnel in 2277.
Paranoid, nervous, and usually careful, Prosper was a smuggler, ferrying several large cargos of ingots from the steelyard of The Pitt to outlying areas. His operation was eventually compromised and his crew either captured or killed. The survivors were sold to slavers heading towards Paradise Falls.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Into the Pitt: The Lone Wanderer can buy him and the other slaves in the slave pen from Ramsey or the Lone Wanderer can kill all the slavers to get the key to open the pen. After either option the Lone Wanderer can then talk to Prosper and take his clothes from him or take the clothes from the dead slave in the corner.
|Tattered slave outfit|
Drops on death
- "Oh my god... are? You killed them! Are you real? You're here to save us? Where are we going?"
- "Oh my god... Are you real? You're here to save us? Where are we going?"
- If you follow him, he and the two other slaves will try to head to the entrance of Vault 101. They will likely be killed if not escorted, although they can survive the journey at which point they will "live" at the entrance of Vault 101.
- He will not equip any weapons or clothes given to him via reverse-pickpocketing - so you can't improve his chances of survival by doing so.
Behind the scenes
- If the player asks Prosper for the clothes off his own back the dialogue option reads, "Your clothes. Give them to me. Now." This is a reference to a recurring line in The Terminator movie series.
- His name is fairly ironic. Prosper vaguely means to have good fortune and a happy life, which is obviously not the case when he is encountered.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.92: "Prosper
Paranoid, nervous, and usually careful, Prosper was a smuggler, ferrying illicit cargo of Ingots from the Steelyard of The Pitt to outlying areas. His operation was soon compromised and his crew mostly butchered. The survivors were sold to Slavers heading toward Paradise Falls."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)