As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The proton axe resembles a futuristic war-axe with a glowing blue blade of electrical energy at its head. On the other side it has two capacitors which also share the same blue electric current. The proton axe does extra damage against robots and enemies with power armor. It has a special V.A.T.S. attack called "proton electrocutioner" unlocked at 50 melee weapons skill which costs 35 AP and deals double damage.
It can be repaired with the inexpensive proton throwing axe, raising its resell value drastically.
- Protonic inversal axe, a rarer variant with a higher damage.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Proton axe||50||95.5||1.9||x1||25||22||8||200||3500||Melee Weapons:50 Strength:5|
|Proton inversal axe||58||105.3||1.8||x1||45||25||8||250||4000||Melee Weapons:55 Strength:5|
- One can be found on a table next to a chemistry set in the Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab.
- They can often be found on lobotomites.
- One can be found in the Forbidden Zone Dome entrance in one of the upper rooms on a shelf.
Behind the scenes
- The technology used by this weapon appears to be similar to the electric weapons created in the Secret Vault by Vault-Tec.
- The proton axe is based on the proton ax of Wasteland, the 1980s game which is considered to be Fallout's predecessor.