Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The proton axe resembles a futuristic war-axe with a glowing blue blade of electrical energy at its head. On the other side it has two capacitors which also share the same blue electric current. The proton axe does extra damage against robots and enemies with power armor. It has a special V.A.T.S. attack called "proton electrocutioner" unlocked at 50 melee weapons skill which costs 35 AP and deals double damage.
It can be repaired with the inexpensive proton throwing axe, raising its resell value drastically.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Protonic inversal axe, a rarer variant with a higher damage.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Proton axe||50||95.5||1.9||x1||25||22||8||200||3500||Melee Weapons:50 Strength:5|
|Proton inversal axe||58||105.3||1.8||x1||45||25||8||250||4000||Melee Weapons:55 Strength:5|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One can be found on a table next to a chemistry set in the Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab.
- They can often be found on lobotomites.
- One can be found in the Forbidden Zone Dome entrance in one of the upper rooms on a shelf.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The technology used by this weapon appears to be similar to the electric weapons created in the Secret Vault by Vault-Tec.
- The proton axe is based on the proton ax of Wasteland, the 1980s game which is considered to be Fallout's predecessor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]