We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Protonic inversal axe
|Crit Dmg||45||Crit % Mult||x1|
The protonic inversal axe is a weapon in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.
The protonic inversal axe is a variant of the proton axe, having a dark blue-violet blade, whitish capacitors, and a black handle. Compared to the standard proton axe, it deals increased damage and much more critical damage, in addition to being much more durable. It is a very effective melee weapon against just about any enemy, especially robots or power armor users.
The proton inversal axe has a special V.A.T.S. attack unlocked at 50 Melee Weapons skill called "Inversal Scarifier", which costs 35 AP, and deals double damage.
- Proton axe, a less powerful, but more common variant.
| Proton axe
|| Melee Weapons:50 Strength:5
| Proton inversal axe
|| Melee Weapons:55 Strength:5
- When any type of drug wears off, the blade of the axe is momentarily shifted to a yellow tone, before changing back to violet as the blur fades.
- The technology used by this weapon appears to be similar to the electric weapons created in the Secret Vault by Vault-Tec.
- The protonic inversal axe is based on the proton ax of Wasteland, the 1980s game which is considered to be Fallout's predecessor.
- When HDR is off in graphical option, the blade becomes pitch black.