Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
You have a chem reliant. If you do not take Psycho on a regular schedule, you will suffer. If you do, others will suffer.”— Fallout 2 in-game description
Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics[edit | edit source]
Using Psycho carries a 20% chance to become addicted. Once addicted, the character suffers a -2 penalty to Intelligence. The addiction lasts for 1 week.
- In Fallout Tactics, the player can gain the Psychotic Perk which reduces the severity of Psycho Withdrawal.
- In Fallout this addiction is refereed to as "Psycho Craving" while in Fallout 2 it is refereed to as "Psycho Reliance".
Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas[edit | edit source]
Using Psycho carries a 20% chance to become addicted and reduces Endurance and Perception by -1 each.
Known Psycho addicts[edit | edit source]
- Paulie Cantelli (Fallout 3)
- Violet (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Ricky (Honest Hearts): During Happy Trails Expedition, a Medicine check allows the player to tell Ricky that his 'unwarranted hostility and general agitation' are signs of a Psycho addiction.
- Mobius (Old World Blues)
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The picture is a reference to several horror movie antagonists. The hockey mask refers to Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th, the long claws and striped sweater refer to Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street, and the chainsaw is a nod to Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as it says "Made in Texas".