We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
You have a chem reliant. If you do not take Psycho on a regular schedule, you will suffer. If you do, others will suffer.”— Fallout 2 in-game description
Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics
Using Psycho carries a 20% chance to become addicted. Once addicted, the character suffers a -2 penalty to Intelligence. The addiction lasts for 1 week.
- In Fallout Tactics, the player can gain the Psychotic Perk which reduces the severity of Psycho Withdrawal.
- In Fallout this addiction is refereed to as "Psycho Craving" while in Fallout 2 it is refereed to as "Psycho Reliance".
Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas
Using Psycho carries a 20% chance to become addicted and reduces Endurance and Perception by -1 each.
Known Psycho addicts
- Paulie Cantelli (Fallout 3)
- Violet (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Ricky (Honest Hearts): During Happy Trails Expedition, a Medicine check allows the player to tell Ricky that his 'unwarranted hostility and general agitation' are signs of a Psycho addiction.
- Mobius (Old World Blues)
Behind the scenes
- The picture is a reference to several horror movie antagonists. The hockey mask refers to Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th, the long claws and striped sweater refer to Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street, and the chainsaw is a nod to Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as it says "Made in Texas".