We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Appearing at the spot where Dogmeat last died, or at the place where you were born into the Capital Wasteland, Dogmeat's Puppy is a real chip off the old block; fiercely loyal, incredibly tough (even more than his dad), and available with the Puppies! Perk.”— Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition description
With this perk, one of Dogmeat's puppy offspring take his place every time he dies. That pup can be added as a companion either by finding Dogmeat's pup at the location of his death or by waiting a day or two and returning to Vault 101 entrance. Dogmeat's puppy is much tougher than the original Dogmeat. Dogmeat's puppy will level with the player in terms of damage done and health.
Despite the name, this perk only allows you to get one of Dogmeat's puppies at a time. If it dies, it will be replaced by a new puppy.
- Dogmeat actually has to die in order for this perk to work.
- Dogmeats's puppy starts with double the health (1000) of the original Dogmeat.
- It uses exactly the same ref and base ids. Upon death, Dogmeat is simply respawned with a new name and increased health.
- If you have two followers in your party then one will have to be fired once this perk is chosen as if the original Dogmeat was still alive.
- This perk still works if Dogmeat died pre-Broken Steel, or before the perk was taken.
- With this perk you are able to get all the followers. See Fallout 3 exploits for more details.
- If you did not add Dogmeat to your group or accidentally killed him before befriending him, with this perk he will regenerate where he died and you will have the option to befriend him as the original Dogmeat.
- The Puppies! perk also has a problem, when you have a follower fired, Dogmeat's puppy takes up a space and you will not be able to have a follower in your party anymore. A way to fix it is to bring Dogmeat's puppy to the follower, kill him then quickly tell the follower to be in your group.