Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics[edit | edit source]
You do extra damage with fire-based weapons, and enemies always seem to die in the most painful fiery fashion.”— In-game description, Fallout 2
Due to the extremely narrow application, the perk is best skipped.
Fallout 3[edit | edit source]
With the Pyromaniac perk, the player does +50% damage with fire-based weapons:
- Heavy incinerator
- The Burnmaster, the Nuka-grenade, and the Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol are unaffected by this perk, as they are not present on the form list used by the perk. The Fallout 3 Official Game Guide erroneously states the opposite.
Fallout: New Vegas[edit | edit source]
The player does +50% more damage with fire-based weapons and their unique variants:
- Heavy incinerator
- Incendiary grenade
- Fire bomb
- Sonic emitter - tarantula
- Sterilizer glove
- Saturnite fist super-heated
Ammunition is also affected:
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- While this perk requires an explosives skill of 60 to be unlocked, the only explosive items affected by the perk are the 40mm grenade, incendiary, incendiary grenade and fire bomb. This was confirmed by Joshua Sawyer to be unintentional; since in Fallout: New Vegas, the energy weapons skill affects weapons such as the flamer.
- There is a mod to fix this oversight.
- For whatever reason, this perk does not affect the flare gun.
- The varmint rifle is included on the list of weapons that utilize Pyromaniac-affected ammunition. No other 5.56mm (or .22LR) weapons are included on the list.
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel[edit | edit source]
Each level of this skill increases your Critical Chance for +5% (up to a maximum +25) when using fire.
Points requirements[edit | edit source]
- 1 Rank: 2 points
- 2 Rank: 4 points
- 3 Rank: 8 points
- 4 Rank: 16 points
- 5 Rank: 32 points
Lionheart[edit | edit source]
You have a natural affinity for fire and a knack for setting things ablaze - especially other people.”
+10% damage with fire-based weapons or spells.