Raider (Fallout 3)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
|This page is about the raider enemies that appear in Fallout 3. For the raider faction, see Raiders (Fallout 3).|
Raiders take whatever they want, whenever they want, and their favorite pastimes are torture and murder.”— Fallout 3 loading screen
Background[edit | edit source]
The raiders of the Capital Wasteland are mostly hostile, lawless, chem-addled ruffians who roam the wastes of the Columbia Commonwealth. They are encountered in small groups and are armed with a fairly wide range of weaponry. Raiders have no alliances with other factions and will attack everyone but other raiders or slavers. They appear to be quite cruel, as places they inhabit are usually filled with the mutilated bodies of other raiders and wastelanders.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
Random encounters[edit | edit source]
Raider hazing[edit | edit source]
- You may come across a random occurrence of a raider hazing ritual. Four raiders surround a fifth raider initiate standing in only his underwear, each taking a turn in beating him with a melee weapon. The dialogue suggests that he has to take and accept the pain he is receiving.
Wastelander bombs[edit | edit source]
- On rare occasions, a wastelander may come running up to you, saying that raiders strapped a bomb to them. You are given the option to disarm the bomb. However, Explosives skill does not factor into the chances of disarming it successfully. If you fail, the wastelander will run off, and die shortly thereafter in an explosion. However, if the wastelander is killed before they talk to the player, the bomb will explode either when the player approaches it or after some time.
Massacred Enclave[edit | edit source]
- After The Waters of Life, Enclave camps will appear throughout the Wasteland. A few of these camps will be trashed with raider graffiti everywhere, and the Enclave troops will be dead and stripped. Three to four raiders in Enclave armor are usually nearby. One of these camps can be found southeast of Bethesda Ruins and northeast of Chryslus building and south of the raid shack. Strangely, raiders do not have power armor training, yet still wear power armor.
Mole rat race track[edit | edit source]
- Slightly west-southwest of Grayditch, a small group of Raiders can be seen holding mole rat races on an abandoned highway. The scene is complete with a pistol shot to start the race. The mole rats then meander back to their cages to begin the process again.
Non-hostile raiders[edit | edit source]
- Tenpenny Tower and north of the Warrington Station, there is a friendly Raider with a missile launcher sitting behind a car. If you talk to her she will just say, "I'm not in the mood for you, asshole." When the Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel water caravan passes by, she'll attack, and other raiders will pop out to assist. If you kill the raiders, she will continue wandering around until she is killed eventually by other means, as if nothing happened. West of
- A second friendly raider with a 10mm submachine gun and an arclight helmet can be found in the Grisly Diner and the camp near Dukov's Place. This raider aimlessly meanders about, and sometimes swims across the Potomac.
- In Marigold Station, there is a safe in a supply room which holds an item for the unmarked quest Grady's Package. If you managed to obtain the item, a raider named Lug-Nut will come to you unexpectedly, demanding the item. If you give him the item (thus, being unable to finish the unmarked quest) or pass a speech check, he will merely wander around the area and will not attack you nor the fire ants. Declining him will result in hostility though.
Raider Brothel[edit | edit source]
At the Evergreen Mills Bazaar, there is a passage in the northwest corner of this central area, flanked by a pair of mannequins decorated with red lights, this leads up to a raider brothel where you will be greeted by Madame (who is unnamed in the game). A few raider women, the brothel's whores, can be found locked in cells. Upon release, the women will attack the player.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
These raiders appear in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Raiders may have been intended to become friendly towards players based on their Karma at some point during development. Raiders are set as Allied with another, mostly unused faction, RaiderFriendFaction. The description for this faction is "Used for Very Evil players".
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|