Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
Background[edit | edit source]
In 2161, the Khans had occupied an open house to the southeast of Shady Sands. After the Khans raided Shady Sands, kidnapping Tandi in the process, her father Aradesh hired the Vault Dweller to rescue her. When the Vault Dweller arrived in these nomad's camp, he slaughtered all but Darion. Freeing Tandi and the Khans prisoners. Darion (unseen in-game), would later become the founder of the mercenary raider New Khans.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The Khans base is centered around the main building. There are entrances to the main building at both the front and the rear. The building consists of two main rooms to the front, cells to the west side and a few smaller rooms at the rear.
The main building is surrounded by four small yurts, where the raiders sleep, and an outhouse behind the building.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- 20 .44 Magnum rounds in the eastern most tent.
- 2 Molotov cocktails on a bookcase in the main building.
- 80 .44 Magnum FMJ rounds and 40 shotgun shells in a desk, inside the main building.
- 1 bundle of dynamite, 5 shotgun shells, 1 shotgun, 1 leather jacket, 98 bottle caps, 1 set of lock picks located inside the fridge within the main building.
- Several of the Khan raiders also carry Desert Eagle .44, leather armor, and a variety of other lesser weapons.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Khans' base appears only in Fallout.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.72: "The Desert Raider Camp
The raiders' camp is a collection of tents and yurts surrounding a single large building. A number of desert raiders, both male and female, are gathered here. Their leader, Garl Deathhand, can be found inside the main building."
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.205: "Desert Raider Camp
Description: A camp in the desert not far from Shady Sands inhabited by a nomad warrior clan known as the Khans. They are led by a warrior chief named Garl. The Khans are a constant nuisance to nearby towns like Shady Sands. While the player does not need to investigate the camp, it does offer a chance of learning something about the surrounding area and provides the player with a good source of enemies to overcome ... and the resultant loot and Experience Points. The subplot involving the kidnapping of Tandi, Aradesh's daughter, is resolved here and can also gain the player points and an enhanced reputation. Use caution, however. The nomads are easily angered, and it's not wise to challenge them on their home turf without careful preparation."