List of railsigns[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The blackboard with all rail signs at Railroad HQ.
Ally[edit | edit source]
Cache[edit | edit source]
The cache railsign in the Switchboard tunnels.
Dead drop[edit | edit source]
The dead drop containing the Augusta report.
- Deacon: "So, I'm looking for Railsigns. Symbols we use to send messages to each other. If you like that, we got signs and countersigns, dead drops, and even a secret handshake. Alright, maybe the handshake never caught on. Anyway, the tourist should have a trail left for us."
"Here we go. Railsign. The arrow in the center indicates a direction. So our tourist is up ahead. Let's keep going."
"Got another Railsign. Right there."
"And another. We're probably close."
"See the plus in the center? That means there's an ally nearby. Our tourist. You take point on the conversation. No matter what he says just say, "Mine is in the shop." Trust me."
- Railroad HQ terminals; PAM Mainframe Terminal, 2279
- Deacon: "Wait. See the box in the center of that Railsign -- that means there's a cache nearby. Looks like Maven managed to hide something before... Well, you know. Look around."
- Deacon: "Looks like Maven managed to hide something before... Well, you know. Look around."
- Deacon: "Someone left a railsign here. This one means danger. Yeah, we know, you poor dead bastard, we know."
- The Sole Survivor: "What's a dead drop?"
Robert MacCready: "I had one of those once after I ate a bad batch of Cram. Spent eight hours on the can."
Strong: "Dead things always drop."
Hancock: "Tossing a body from a high ledge. Keep up."
Nick Valentine: "Never read a spy novel, huh?"
Piper Wright: "Come on, Blue. This isn't amateur hour."
Preston Garvey: "Oh, it's a ... I'll let him explain."
Deacon: "Ah, shit. I knew I forgot to tell you something."
Carrington: "Oh, dear lord. A dead drop is a mailbox with a railsign on it. It's a common means of communication for us, so keep an eye out for them. When you make contact with Stockton he won't give you the time of day unless you give him the proper countersign. The current sign is, "Do you have a geiger counter?" And the counter is, "Mine is in the shop." Please tell me Deacon taught you that, at least?"
(Robert MacCready's, Strong's, Hancock's, Nick Valentine's, Piper Wright's, Preston Garvey's, Deacon's, and Carrington's dialogue)