We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Raleigh Coat was a Harpers Ferry Native, who before the Great War was the figurehead of the Free States movement and a personal friend with Senator Sam Blackwell. Due to his foundation and open affiliation with the Free States, he was the target of many government-led smear campaigns and inevitably led to the Free States secession from America.
After the Great War, Clay emerged with his family, and using his Free States connections he makes an attempt at stabilizing the dangerous region of the Mire and to help the civilians that used to chastise the Free Staters. They accomplished this by teaching the Ferry residents the skills necessary to survive as well as fortifying Harper’s Ferry. It wasn’t long until the The Free States became involved with other groups. Clay, at first, was rather supportive of cooperation with the Responders, but had been wary of the Brotherhood of Steel due to their demands for supplies. Shortly afterwards, Raleigh led the push for the Free States to capture the Harper’s Ferry Armory and use it as the staging ground for Free States operations after the war as well as a way to prep for any aggressions from the BoS to try and get resources from them.
During the attack on Harper’s Ferry by the scorched, Raleigh was able to escape the destruction of the town, but lost his wife and child in the process. This event led to Raleigh significantly pushing for the development of the Scorched Detection System to prevent future massacres from happening. He, however, managed to take shelter back in his bunker and communicate to other Free Staters through that. It is unknown what the fate of Raleigh Clay is as there’s no evidence to his death.
Interaction with the player character
- Raleigh Clay plays a mentioned-only role in numerous main quests, with his resources being used to complete Early Warnings and Coming to Fruition.
- Clay is the event announcer for the Heart of the Swamp.
Raleigh Clay is only mentioned in Fallout 76.
- Charleston Capital Building Terminals
- Harpers Ferry Proposal
- Protecting Our Own
- Family and So-Called Friends
- Attention! This here's Raleigh Clay on a priority message recording. A Strangler Heart's been picked up in the vicinity and its vine-infested creatures won't be far behind. To anyone listening, take down that Heart before it controls too many creatures and things get out of hand!