Monster of the East, huh? Well, I've got the Monster of the West in my holster right now. Hope I get to introduce them.”— NCR Ranger Veteran
This large, double-action revolver is a rare scopeless variant of the hunting revolver, and is used exclusively by the New California Republic Rangers. It is carried only by veteran rangers after 20 years of service.
The weapon has a dark finish and has intricate gold engravings all along the main action itself as well as a golden hammer, trigger and sights. The barrel is engraved with the phrases, "For Honorable Service" on the right and "Against All Tyrants" on the left. The red wooden grip is inlaid with the standing bear and star, the insignia of the Rangers, and has a brass plate attached to the bottom which reads "20 Years".
Despite being a one-handed revolver, the Ranger Sequoia is too large to be concealed as a holdout weapon, when entering a weapon-free location such as a casino.
- Hunting revolver, A more common variant of the Ranger Sequoia.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal hunting revolver, essentially the same as the regular hunting revolver, except for its potential to accept modifications.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Hunting revolver||Double-action revolver||58||87||1.5||x1||58||0.35||31||.45-70 Gov't||5||4||110||3243||Guns:75 Strength:6|
|Ranger Sequoia||Double-action revolver||62||104.6||1.7||x1.5||63||0.1||30||.45-70 Gov't||5||4||80||1199||Guns:75 Strength:6|
- Camp Golf - owned by Chief Hanlon.
- May be carried by NCR veteran rangers, once the player has reached level 20. They appear in the Mojave Wasteland as the main quest advances.
- The Ranger Sequoia's model is fairly glitchy visually: the cylinder may sometimes glitch when reloading and not open or release bullets, and the speedloader that appears while reloading can appear jammed into the back of the cylinder. Switching weapons will fix the cylinder not opening, while switching ammo types will fix the stuck speedloader.
- If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have the Ranger Sequoia equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again.