Ranger station Alpha
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Ranger station Alpha
Background[edit | edit source]
Before taking Hoover Dam, Ranger station Alpha was the frontline outpost for the NCR in the Mojave but as since fallen to more of a support role then anything else. Legion scouts try to slip across the Narrows a couple times a week, however the Rangers stationed always send them floating downriver with holes in their heads. Ranger Rebecca Lineholm and Comm Officer Castillo are the current ranking officers at the station.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The station is made up of three tents, a camp fire, and a radio tower. A few guards are present as well, one elite ranger, Lineholm and two normal rangers. In the middle tent there are a few beds, 2 ammunition boxes on a metal shelf containing random ammunition, and a first aid pack.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Lad's Life in the tent furthest to the south by the radio set that Comm Officer Castillo uses.
- Frag mines and some .357 Magnum rounds can be found in the tent to the right of the Comm Officer's tent in two 'easy' to open locked cases.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The lakelurks spawning along the shore of nearby Lake Mead have a habit of attacking the rangers stationed here.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Ranger station Alpha appears only Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It is possible for humanoid companions to become stuck between the two big crates in the middle tent whilst going from the middle tent to the tent with Comm Officer Castillo. The companion makes no attempt to get out, the only way to get them out is by loading a recent save or to fast travel to another/same location.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Courier: "What is this place?"
Castillo: "Ranger Station Alpha. Ranger Lineholm is in command here."
- The Courier: "What do you do here?"
Rebecca Lineholm: "Ranger Station Alpha used to be the frontline outpost for NCR. When we moved onto the Dam, this station has fallen into more a support role."
(Rebecca Lineholm's dialogue)
- The Courier: "Anything going on around here?"
Castillo: "Just the usual. Legion scouts try to slip across the river a couple times a week, but they always end up floating downriver with holes in their heads."
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.370: "[3.30] Ranger Station Alpha
Another NCR Ranger Station with commanding views of The Fort [3.28] and Lake Mead, these troops keep their eyes open for movement along "The Narrows." Ranger Lineholm (who tells you the story of the bomber that crashed into the lake, how great Rangers are, and the role the station plays) commands this place, and Comm Officer Castillo (who you can ask similar questions to) are stationed here."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)