Effects[edit | edit source]
After a successful speech challenge with Ranger Andy, he tells you about his multiple leg injuries. Checking out Ranger Station Charlie also gains his trust. He instructs you on what NCR Rangers rely on when caught without their weapons; they utilize the Ranger Takedown to quickly incapacitate opponents.
Performing a power attack while moving backwards results in the player dropping low and executing a sweeping kick to knock opponents on their backs momentarily.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When playing in the standard first person view, the animation is a palm strike. But when you switch to third person, it's a leg sweep.
- Whatever Unarmed weapon the Courier has equipped is the damage applied to the attack even if used in the third-person leg sweep.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- patch 126.96.36.199x, learning the Ranger Takedown without Raul Tejada will break the Old School Ghoul quest. This can also be fixed with console commands in the PC version. Prior to
- The attack may stop working altogether at random moments. This may be fixed by restarting the console.
- When you learn the attack after you learn it when you talk to Ranger Andy it will come up again that you learned the Ranger Takedown and it will freeze.
- When using this on dead characters repeatedly, it can complete the challenge Knocked Up.
- If you use this skill on a friendly member of your team and manage to knock them into a state of "Unconscious" while they are still knocked down, their body will fly into the air shortly afterwards, to the height of an average sized building, and when they hit the ground they will get up like normal.