Strangely enough, the Ranger hat has no weight, and no value. It can, however be repaired.
If you choose to take the Jury Rigging perk you can use the ranger hat to repair light helmets and headgear like trooper helmets and legion helmets. Additionally, the ranger hat can be used to repair any light armor!
Ranger brown hat
- Ranger Jackson at the Mojave Outpost wears one.
- One is always worn by the unnamed NCR ranger who presents you with the NCR emergency radio.
Ranger grey hat
A grey Ranger hat. Similar to the brown Ranger hat, but darker and with rings on the decorative band. Also worth 30 caps. Can also be repaired with Ranger hats and all Cowboy hats.
- At the Mojave Outpost, Ranger Ghost wears one.
- There is one in Camp Searchlight, in the church to the north, along with authority glasses.
Ranger tan hat
A tan Ranger hat. Lighter than than both the brown and grey Ranger hats, as well as less bent. Worth 30 caps as well. Can also be repaired with Ranger hats and all Cowboy hats.
- Can be found on Ranger bodies.
- One can be found in the NCR Ranger safehouse with other random NCR armors such a the NCR Ranger combat armor and the NCR Ranger patrol armor.
- One can be found by a skeleton (presumably a dead ranger) in the second floor of a destroyed building in Boulder City. (see the page for more information of the exact location). This hat is in very poor condition. The Ranger Holodisk Message can also be found with these skeletons.
- One can be found in Ranger station Charlie, after starting the quest Andy and Charlie with Andy. It is found along with a NCR Ranger patrol armor.
- Boone the colors will be mixed up.
If Ranger grey hat is put on
- Fix: Run around a little and the color will be as normal.