It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Ravens in the Mojave Wasteland have relatively the same appearance as ravens from before the Great War. They seem to be one of the few creatures to be visually unaffected by radiation. Ravens have distinctive black feathers. They are not considered an enemy and will fly away if the Courier tries to get near it (approximately 10–15 feet).
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
They can be killed if detected early enough, but there is no associated challenge for this beyond Lord Death, I Dismember You, and a few others which are tied to any enemy. They will explode when shot.
Fallout: New Vegas[edit | edit source]
|Name (Base ID)||Statistics||Behavior||Abilities||Items|
Fallout 4[edit | edit source]
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Ravens are common wherever dead or crucified bodies are found. i.e. Nipton and any other Legion raided site.
- Ravens are more common around civilized areas, becoming more and more scarce the further the player travels from towns and settlements.
- They are a large number of them around Big Horn Saloon and around Boulder City ruins and the surrounding area.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ravens are the weakest creature in the game, and cannot be targeted by V.A.T.S.
- When killed, they give only one experience point (two with the Swift Learner perk).
- Ravens can't be searched when killed since they simply explode in a burst of blood and feathers upon dying.
- Ravens appear as a friendly marker on your compass that may remain for a few seconds after it flies off.
- Ravens in the Mojave Wasteland appear to have only two frontal talons on their feet. Presumably a mistake on the part of the developers.
- With Animal Friend, the ravens might not fly away when you approach them.
- Ravens may be hit with melee or unarmed weapons after they fly off.
- The first raven in the game is seen flying off when exiting Doc Mitchell's house.
- Once a Raven is encountered, they won't respawn.
- If a raven is damaged but not killed (for example, by an explosion nearby) they will register as a red blip on the compass.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Killing a raven may not give any experience at all.
- Even if the raven is in mid-air, if you hit the area it was originally standing on (a few seconds after it takes off) it will still be killed and "dismembered" even though your hit did not visually make contact. This makes it possible to kill it with melee weapons.