Background[edit | edit source]
As commanding officer of RB-2851 the General was instrumental in the development of the Robobrain. As such, Rawlings was fully behind the procurement method of the brain CPUs for the units. Unaware of this fact, one soldier under his command – Master Sergeant G.C. Broadrick – came to him with complaints about the morality of what they were doing to the prisoners. Needless to say the General (presumably) had him removed him from the project and transferred away from the facility. The General was also directly involved in the robobrain "tactical team," presumably this team was specifically charged with developing tactically proficient combat models.
On the first official meeting of the minds within the new facility, General Rawlings met with the General Atomics International representatives Anna Karim and Gregory Adler. This meeting was to cement the public-private nature of the facility and its staff. However when the General brought in Dr. Kara Asante – to the excitement of chief scientist Anise Ciroletti – it signaled that the GAI partnership and their cyber-robotics technician, Carson Samuels, would come to a swift end.
As commander, Rawlings was also involved in the base's smoking policy. Originally the facility had no cigarette machines in their breakrooms, the employees had to return to the surface every time one of them ran out of cigarettes. An enterprising electrical engineer would take this as an opportunity to smuggle one in and convert his workstation. After an extortion attempt by a fellow engineer he successfully bribed the General with a few free cartons that found their way into Rawlings' desk.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- RB-2851 terminals; Security Office Terminal, Authorization Policies
- RB-2851 terminals; Watch Station Terminal, 0L68-CBGT057
- RB-2851 terminals; Watch Station Terminal, 0L68-LLRM001
- RB-2851 terminals; Cerebral Reconditioning Terminal, Reconditioning Transcript 35X795
- RB-2851 terminals; Observation Terminal, Site Report 0.244-A
- RB-2851 terminals; Observation Terminal, Site Report 0.629-B
- RB-2851 terminals; Power Substation A Terminal, Log 080: Cunning Plan
- RB-2851 terminals; Power Substation A Terminal, Log 082: Substation B
- RB-2851 terminals; Power Substation A Terminal, Log 090: Official Approval