In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For an overview of laser rifle models throughout the Fallout series, see Laser rifle.|
The recharger rifle is the first version of a self-charging weapon with effectively limitless ammunition. As the first version of such a weapon, it suffers from a limited power capacity and low effectiveness of the built-in microfusion breeder. The microfusion breeder recharges at about one charge every second, meaning a fully discharged recharger rifle takes 7 seconds to recharge. Its evolution, far more advanced counterpart is the recharger pistol.
The recharger rifle is an entry level energy weapon available very early in the game. It requires no Energy Weapons skill and an average Strength to wield effectively. It recharges itself at about a round every second, requiring the player to pace his shots to compensate. Despite its low damage, the rifle can be fired very rapidly outside of V.A.T.S. giving it a high damage per second for such a low level weapon.
While much heavier and noticeably weaker per shot than the laser rifle, it doesn't require any ammunition to be carried. Because of this, it can be a good alternative in hardcore mode. With the Perk Jury Rigging, this weapon becomes more useful as spare parts due to its low cost.
Despite firing a laser, the recharger rife is not affected by the Laser Commander perk.
- Can be purchased (or stolen) at Silver Rush.
- Can be purchased from Chet in Goodsprings.
- Can be purchased from Blake at Crimson Caravan Company.
- Can be purchased from Cliff Briscoe at Dino Bite gift shop.
- Can be found sometimes on a dead member of the Bright Brotherhood in the Coyote Mines.
- Can be found at El Dorado Gas & Service.
- Deceased Bright Brotherhood followers may carry the weapon while the player is at level 4 or below.
- Can be found on deceased Bright Brotherhood followers in the REPCONN headquarters
- Prior to patch 22.214.171.1244, the recharger rifle did 9 points of damage on normal and critical hits.