Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Legion recruit armor
Legion recruit armor
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Legion recruit armor is a light and common armor, supplied to recruits and sometimes to decanus units. Like most Legion armor, it is made from repurposed sports equipment, consisting of a football player's protective shoulder and chest pads reinforced with additional leather padding and worn over a studded leather cuirass. It weighs 12 pounds and has a Damage Threshold of 6, however it is easily broken, unlike most other armors. You can find legion recruits following a decanus unit, patrolling the wasteland.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Two dead Recruit Legionaries can be found on the road between Nelson and Novac, which can be looted for their armor.
- You can loot this off from any Legion recruit. Also, at various Legionary camps, they can be looted from the footlockers near their beds in the tents. (Karma loss, Legion infamy gained if witnessed by a Legionnaire.)
- Can be obtained for free from a corpse in a house in Nipton or from and ash pile in the nearby trailer park. The corpse in the Nipton House is surrounded by several traps including frag mines, a rigged shotgun and a cage of bark scorpions which is activated either by the PC picking the lock on the cage or by a pressure plate leading to one of the bedrooms.
- The helmet is mostly found with the Legion recruit armor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This armor is relatively expensive for its stats, allowing you to quickly earn caps by repairing and selling them.
- This armor is the most common of Legion armor.
- Very easy to come by if siding with the NCR.
- With the Jury Rigging perk, this armor can be used to repair most other armor up to combat armor, making it extremely useful when quick repair is needed.
- Most, if not all, Legion Headgear has a visually unappealing clipping issue at the eyebrows. If the PC has the "survivalist" style of beard, that may also clip through the facemask.
- Wearing the helmet does not count as faction armor.