Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
But, no one ever comes back from the kitchen...”
Red is the doctor and only merchant residing in Big Town in Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
Intelligent, slightly sarcastic, and motherly, Red is Big Town’s doctor in residence, although she’s on an enforced leave thanks to the current kidnapping sweeps by Super Mutants in the local area. Red’s nickname stems from the blood she’s always splattered in and her affinity for the color. She runs the clinic in Big Town, and she is the unofficial mayor and an old girlfriend of a guy named Sticky Hands, an ex-resident of Little Lamplight. Like all inhabitants of Big Town, Red moved there when she became too old to stay in Little Lamplight.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is a doctor.||
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 211|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Big Trouble in Big Town: Red is being held captive in the Germantown police headquarters, and the Lone Wanderer is asked to go rescue her.
- Strictly Business: Red is one of the targets for enslavement identified by Eulogy Jones. Grouse refers to her as that "hot doctor chick" from Big Town.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- Once freed from the super mutants, Red will resume selling medical supplies in Big Town.
- If you healed Timebomb, Red will state that even though you are a better doctor than she is, she will heal you for free from now on.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Like Shorty, Red can serve as a pack mule and remains with the Lone Wanderer up until she is returned to Big Town. Red can only provide fire support if properly equipped (e.g. power armor and a Chinese assault rifle).
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Shanxi Type 17 Chinese pistol*|
Drops on death
*Only if the Small Guns path is taken in Big Trouble in Big Town.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Red appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you enslaved Red in accordance with the quest Strictly Business, she can be found in the slave house at Paradise Falls. If all the slavers are killed and Red is freed from the collar, she will return to Big Town but not speak to the Lone Wanderer thereafter. A dialogue box appears thanking you for the rescue, but no other options are available, including her healing talents or medical supply inventory.
- When you enter the basement of Germantown, Red may not appear thus making the quest Big Trouble in Big Town impossible to complete.
- If you give her a weapon or armor, then bring her back to Big Town, it will be impossible to get your stuff back without killing her.
- When you enter the basement in Germantown police HQ, Red sometimes would not be in the cage. She could be outside the cage fighting radroches and she can die causing the quest to fail.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.92: "Red
Intelligent, slightly sarcastic, and motherly, Red is Big Town's doctor in residence, although she's on an enforced leave thanks to the current kidnapping sweeps by Super Mutants in the local area. Red's nickname stems from the blood she's always splattered in and her affinity for the color. She runs the clinic in Big Town, and she is the unofficial mayor and an old girlfriend of a guy named Sticky Hands, an ex-resident of Little Lamplight."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)