Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
The Thorn is my master, not the other way around. I live to make our kin able to transcend their limitations. Our land is harsh, and hostile. Our lives are cheap, and fragile. Death is our assured fate, striking when least we expect it. The Thorn awakens us to the truth. Here we escape from our bonds, and choose the moment of death against the will of destiny.”
Background[edit | edit source]
A confident, proud woman who attempts to conceal her emotions behind a mask of stoicism. Red Lucy perceives human life as cheap and fragile, and The Thorn as a means to escape from the bonds of a harsh and hostile land, "awakening" people and allowing them to "choose the moment of death against the will of destiny." She acknowledges that both New Vegas and the Wasteland are needed in order to make this possible.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a doctor.||
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Bleed Me Dry: Red Lucy will ask you to retrieve eggs of various creatures throughout the wasteland as a favor for The Thorn. If the Courier proves worthy of the title of the greatest hunter of the Thorn by retrieving deathclaw eggs for it, then Lucy will ask the Courier for one more thing before the Courier disappears into the wastes never to return - sex.
- Fight Night: If you feel like betting on some animal fights, Red Lucy's the one you'll want to talk to.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- After completing "Bleed Me Dry", Red Lucy will sleep with the player, as the Courier has proven his or herself a mighty hunter.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Bounty hunter duster|
Prickly pear fruit
Hull, 12 gauge
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While she is wearing the sexy sleepwear it is possible to pickpocket her duster, causing her to go on as usual in the skimpy nighty. Occasionally this will result in Lucy walking around in standard underwear, rather than the sexy sleepwear..
- Once you join Red Lucy in her chamber she will speak to you then walk over to a switch on the wall to turn a light on over the bed. If you turn the switch off, the light goes out and swanky music will begin to play setting the proper mood.
- Red Lucy sleeps with one eye open. Look close at her and you'll see it.
- She will wake up if you try to kill her with the Mister Sandman.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "The Thorn is my master, not the other way around. I live to make our kin able to transcend their limitations. Our land is harsh, and hostile. Our lives are cheap, and fragile. Death is our assured fate, striking when least we expect it. The Thorn awakens us to the truth. Here we escape from our bonds, and choose the moment of death against the will of destiny."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- After sleeping with Lucy, the player cannot engage in conversation with her. She will only say "Lay down with me, my hunter." even if she is not in her room. If she is in her room, the same lines will play, however opening a dialogue box that closes. She will lay down on her bed, however you cannot sleep with her now. Can be fixed by simply getting back in the bed after the act and sleeping for 24 hours.
- If the player chooses to speak with Lucy after she has lain down in the bed (before the cut scene), she will get up, change back into her combat gear, ask the player to lie down in bed with her, and lie down once again. After the black screen fades, she is still lying on the bed in her combat gear.
- Sometimes when you ask what match is going on next and after you bet, they will just stand there looking at each other doing nothing. You can't talk to Lucy or get your money, Solution to this has not been found yet. Edit: One can move the match along by, after leaving all companions currently following the player outside of Thorn, going all the way downstairs to the ground level of the arena where you enter through the fence gate. Using a hefty sneak skilled attack to BOTH the combatants will end the match(this can be done from anywhere in the arena room with a Stealth Boy). Or you can simply throw blocks of C-4 into the cage, (Be sure to not to throw any directly on the combatants) and explode somewhere where you are hidden. Don't let anyone see you commit the act (If no one knows who stopped the fight, there is no one to be hostile against) and keep your companions out of Thorn when you do this. (They will immediately open fire on Thorn residents if they are present).
- On the completion of Bleed Me Dry and after Red Lucy asks you to follow her to her room she'll do the normal dialog and then walk back out of the room. Clicking on the bed will cause an Autosave and then the cutscene will starts, but with no sound. Once done the player is not able to move, select anything or even use their Pipboy, its recommended to load a previous save.
- If you kill Lucy while she is in her bed chamber after she beckons you to bed, upon your return to the Thorn her corpse can be found in her usual place on the catwalk.
- After following Red Lucy to her room, and Lucy turns on the light over her bed in preparation to "lay down" with her "hunter," if the player then turns off the light, and then proceeds to speak with Lucy after she has changed into her sexy sleepwear and lied down in bed, not only will she get out of bed and instantly change back into her combat gear, but the light will automatically switch back on as she lies back down.
- If the player saves while Red Lucy is lying on the bed in preparation for her "hunter," and then reloads the saved game, sometimes Lucy's eyes will be wide open, staring straight ahead as she tosses and turns.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Red Lucy appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Red Lucy in her sexy sleepwear
- The Courier: "How did you become the master of The Thorn?"
Red Lucy: "The Thorn is my master, not the other way around. I live to make our kin able to transcend their limitations. Our land is harsh, and hostile. Our lives are cheap, and fragile. Death is our assured fate, striking when least we expect it. The Thorn awakens us to the truth. Here we escape from our bonds, and choose the moment of death against the will of destiny."
(Red Lucy's dialogue)