Red Rocket Mega Stop
Red Rocket Mega Stop
Red Rocket Mega Stop is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Opened in May 2076 as an almost completely automated rest and repair stop on the juncture of Interstates 63 and 66, the Mega Stop prided itself on the fleet of customized Protectrons, fitted with the Red Rocket Cores to ensure the highest possible quality of service. Despite the grand promises, reality proved to be a harsh mistress, as the Protectrons were routinely malfunctioning and required weekly wipes and diagnostic to remain functional. Interestingly, in an example of how "efficient" corporate America was before the War, purchasing a new Protectron was cheaper than repairing a damaged one, so Red Rocket employees at the Mega Stop were encouraged to retire malfunctioning units, rather than send them in for repairs. The only concern was that the proprietary Red Rocket Core was recovered intact for reuse. Another claim to fame of the rest stop was a fully automated kitchen that utilized bio-engineered ingredients to create "perfect" burgers, as well as the sale of slushies at the Mega Stop, one of the newest flavors being Nuka-Cola.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The mega stop is a large area bisected by the interstate into two halves. The southern part contains the refueling depot with two stations filled with coolant pumps, a bus stop, and a convenience store with an automated coolant replacement apparatus. The western awning also covers a cooking station. The footbridge in the center connects the southern portion to the megastop proper, ending at another convenience store located at the foot of the giant Red Rocket sign.
- The main building to the northeast contains the food court, with the absolutely massive restrooms in the western wing and the kitchens in the east. The solitary building to the northeast contains the garage and maintenance facilities for the Protectroon fleet, together with a tinker's station, a power armor station, and a random power armor. There are two stashes pre-placed in the buildings giving the player access to their stash, one in the kitchens and one in the maintenance room.
- Notably, this is a workshop location which provides a mega amount of resources: Food (5), Water (8), Junk (1), Aluminum (3), Nuclear (1), and Steel (1). The workshop is located in the middle of the outer food court and the building area encompasses the entire northern half of the megastop. It's one of the largest areas in the game and one of the most defensible ones due to the easily accessible roofs, lack of cover around the workshop, and a lot of resources.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Holotapes and Notes
- Lucy Harwick's Note: The note is on the counter of the smaller Red Rocket filling station on the southeastern side of the area.
- Red Rocket Please Stop: The note is on the corner counter of the dining area of the restaurant.
- Movie Pitch No. 5: The holotape is on the front seat of the bluish-green Chryslus Cherry Bomb car parked in front of the convenience store.
- Plans and Recipes
- A random recipe may spawn on the counter of the kitchen of the restaurant.
- Potential power armor
- A partial suit of power armor may spawn in the northeastern building, by the workstations.
- Dynamic spawns
No location theme keyword variable specified - check the infobox!
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Red Rocket Mega Stop appears in Fallout 76.