Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Relay tower KX-B8-11
Fallout 3 locations project
Relay tower KX-B8-11
Background[edit | edit source]
The signal repeats a message from Bob Andersteen that says he has taken shelter in a nearby drainage culvert with his wife and his son. He also says that his son is very sick and needs medical attention, he pleads for anyone that finds the message to help.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The tower stands about 40 feet in height and is surrounded by a fence.
Drainage chamber[edit | edit source]
If the player walks just a bit to the southeast of the relay tower, downhill near the few rocky outcrops he will see the end of the metal drainage pipe. Enter, and at the end of the tunnel he will find two doors. The one on the right contains the long-dead bodies of Mr. Andersteen and his wife, but no son. There's a first aid box and some other random supplies.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine, pre-War book, and Mentats in a drainage tunnel southeast of Relay Tower KX-B8-11. They are on a table behind the second door on the left.
- To the south, the player can find the Hilltop Farm Ruins which contains Guns and Bullets and Dean's Electronics.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a standard random encounter site on the east side of the relay tower between the fence and a nearby rock face.
- If the player stands on the gridline directly between Relay tower KX-B8-11 and Grisly Diner and walks due north, he will come across a pile of cars stacked together to form a shelter over an outhouse and a bathtub. Next to the bathtub, in the radioactive goo, are a couple of locked ammunition boxes (easy), and in the bathtub itself a Nuka-Cola Quantum.
- Between here and Chaste Acres Dairy Farm, the player may encounter 2 Enclave soldiers and an officer traveling north east as if headed for the MDPL-16 Power Station.
- The player can reach the radio tower power switch without unlocking the gate, since it's located close enough to the fence.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Relay tower KX-B8-11 only appears in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes when the player plays the broadcast the game will freeze and crash.