In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
The Residents of Vault 76 are or are the direct descendants of, the pre-war scientists, Olympic athletes, luminaries, war heroes, politicians, and Vault-Tec University professors were housed and staffed Vault 76. The people chosen by Vault-Tec were quite literally the cream of the crop that pre-war United States had to offer. As to be expected of such accomplished individuals, they were highly competitive and goal driven, exactly what Vault-Tec needed to recolonize the American wasteland. But keeping them placated while in Vault 76 turned out to be the interesting challenge for the Overseer. Various awards for mundane achievements were given to various residents which worked for most residents when fights didn't breakout, and the Vault 76 "World" Cup was used to focus the more physically active residents.
After 25 years in Vault 76, the Overseer would receive the activation notice to open the Vault and release all the residents into Appalachia as part of Reclamation Day. Before release, residents would be equipped and trained the in operation of the Construction and Assembly Mobile Platform device (or C.A.M.P.) for settling uninhabited areas, given a map to accurately explore their surroundings, allowed to leave with their Pip-Boy 2000 Mark VI. As per procedure (and against the wishes of the security team), the residents would not be armed and only lightly provisioned exiting Vault 76. Besides the equipment given to them to settle Appalachia, they would need to procure weapons and other resources from scavenging.
- The Residents is the first player character that exists alongside other player characters in a Fallout game.
- Residents are all skilled with various musical instruments.
The Residents appear only in Fallout 76.
- Overseer's Terminal, Operation Procedures - Day to Day Duties
- Overseer's Terminal, Vault 76 Parameters
- Various awards can be seen in the display cases, such as Vault Hall Monitor award and the canned mystery meat award
- Overseer's Terminal, Archived files - Annual Review: 2100
- Fallout 76 intro
- Security Terminal, Security logs - Final entry
- Wastelanders (Fallout 76)