From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Benny inside The Tops Casino
House had me clocked from word go? And I thought I was being so clever.”— Benny
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Enter The Tops and speak to Swank at the reception desk. Presenting him with three bits of evidence of Benny's involvement in the Courier's attempted murder (a distinctive cigarette butt, the engraved cigarette lighter, or Message: Khan hospitality) or passing at least two Speech checks (15, 30, and 45) will convince him to distract Benny and let you search his room for more evidence.
- Searching Benny's room for evidence will reveal Yes Man in a hole in the wall. Speaking to Yes Man Will reveal Benny's plan to usurp power from Mr. House as well as the significance of the Platinum Chip.
- Alternatively, one can bypass Swank entirely and speak to Benny directly.
- Benny will instruct the Courier to wait in the presidential suite. Either flee or kill his ambush of bodyguard, or avoid the ambush altogether by using the intercom upon entering the suite, and complete two speech checks and stop the thugs from coming up to the suite.
- If the Courier is attacked, Benny will flee the New Vegas Strip and can be found at The Fort, captured by Legion agents.
- Another alternative is to confront Benny physically on the main floor. This will turn the entire casino hostile unless you've received Swank's help by providing him with at least two pieces of evidence (detailed above) or having passed his two speech checks (also detailed above). Having the Terrifying Presence perk will grant a new dialogue: "I dug myself out of that grave to put you in yours, Benny."
- After killing Benny, take the platinum chip off his corpse to provide to Mr. House later.
- Once any of these three methods have been executed, leave the Tops.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Search the strip for the man who shot you.|
|2||Confront Benny at The Tops casino.|
|3||Go to the presidential suite (or kill Benny).|
|4||Survive the ambush (or recover the platinum chip).|
|5||Search Benny's suite.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Benny to accompanies the Courier to the suite and strikes a deal with them, he will still flee and be found in the Fort afterwards.
- Its possible to fail Beware the Wrath of Caesar! before confronting Benny by advancing far enough through For the Republic, Part 2. in this case, the Courier will not receive the mark of Caesar but can still travel to the Fort. The Legion will be hostile.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The title of the quest is a reference to Frank Sinatra's 1961 song Ring-a-Ding-Ding.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The ambush may never happen. Instead, walking towards the elevator triggers a message from Benny: "The cleaners will knock twice. Make sure they're thorough." This allows further dialogue, but the ambush may never have happened.
- If you choose to wait for Benny in the presidential suite, nothing may happen after going up to the Presidential Suite. What should happen is a call from Benny at the intercom stating: "Baby, this meet and greet of ours? Chalk me up for a no show," followed by a short dialog and an ambush by four of the Top's bodyguards. The conversation through the intercom can be initiated by approaching it.
- If you enter the sub-basement, your companions may not follow you there. When you go back to the hotel, one or more of your companions may not be there. Saving at this point, then reloading the level seems to fix this bug and restore your companions.
- Sometimes, when you tell Benny to leave your suite "You are stinking up my suite" He may stay inside, on the stool, not leaving unless you wait, sleep, or kill him.
- Things That Go Boom. Otherwise, your fame with the NCR will be reset and stuck at Neutral. Same problem may persist with the Legion, though with their quest, Render Unto Caesar. If you are planning on siding with the NCR, be sure to finish this quest before starting
- After you sleep with Benny, and choose to sleep, you can get stuck in a endless black screen. (Needs verification for other platforms)
- Swank that Benny needs to be taken out (but that you need time to prepare), and then verbally confront Benny, the Black Widow option for Benny may not be available. Tell Swank that you intend to search Benny's room, or bypass Swank altogether. If you convince
- If you decide to kill all the Chairmen in the casino including Benny and Swank, when you try to go up to the Presidential Suite the game will go black forcing you to restart.