The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
That's close enough. Who are you, and what do you want with me?”
Background[edit | edit source]
About a week before the Courier awakens from their unconsciousness, Ringo, a trader of the Crimson Caravan Company, retreated to Goodsprings explaining that his caravan had been attacked, east of Goodsprings on I-15. He's been holding up at the abandoned gas station lying low ever since.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character plays Caravan.||They can bid caps.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Ghost Town Gunfight: The player can choose to help Ringo escape the Powder Gangers.
- Run Goodsprings Run: The player can choose to team up with the Powder Gangers to help take over Goodsprings.
- Ringo's Caravan Rules: Ringo gives you a starter deck of sorts and tells you the rules of Caravan.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- If the player helps Ringo and finds him at the Crimson Caravan Company, he will give you the full payment for saving his life. When asked what he would do next, Ringo tells the player he has been assigned to lead the first major caravan to New Canaan as part of the Crimson Caravan establishing itself in the Mormon territories.
- Oddly enough, if he is killed during the quest Ghost Town Gunfight or Run Goodsprings Run, the Courier will not lose any karma and his/her reputation will remain unchanged.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|M&A 9mm pistol|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ringo is one of the easiest people to beat at Caravan. It is easy to get 30 wins against him if you are aiming for the Caravan Master achievement/trophy, since there is no limit to the number of games you can play against him.
- He will turn hostile if you have negative reputation with the NCR or if you're wearing armor of the NCR's enemies. Killing him will result in reputation loss against Goodsprings. Sneaking away from Goodsprings may help you maintain your good reputation with them.
- If you talk to Joe Cobb before talking to Trudy and/or Ringo, Ringo will say "no thanks, I saw you being friendly with Joe Cobb" when you offer your help to him and will result in a failure of the quest Ghost Town Gunfight. All other interactions with Ringo are still available, such as asking to play caravan.
- He can sometimes appear dead outside of Black Rock Cave.
- If one of your companions kills Ringo, you will not lose any reputation or karma, and you will complete the objective for Run Goodsprings Run.
- If you do not get the deck of cards from him in Goodsprings, when you ask "How do you play Caravan?", he will not give it to you later on in the game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Ringo appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "I overheard your argument. What was that all about?"
Trudy: "It looks like our little town got itself dragged into the middle of something we don't want anything to do with. About a week ago, this trader, Ringo, comes into town. Survivor of an attack, he says. Bad men after him, needs a place to hide. We figured he was just in shock, so we gave him a place to lie low. We didn't actually expect anyone to come after him."
- The Courier: "What do you do around here?"
Ringo: "Oh, sorry. I thought everybody knew already. I'm a trader with the Crimson Caravan Company. I'm, uh, staying in town for a bit."
- The Courier: "What do you do around here?"
Ringo: "Like I said, I'm not from Goodsprings. I'm a trader with the Crimson Caravan Company."
- The Courier: "Why are the Powder Gangers out to get you?"
Ringo: "My caravan was on the return trip from California and heading back up to the company branch in New Vegas when we got jumped. Not even a "drop your weapons and hands up" before the bullets started flying. We put up a good fight, but there was too many of them. I took a few of the bandits down before I ran, so I figure their friends are out for revenge."
- Ringo's ambushed caravan
- Joe Cobb: "I'm done being nice. If you don't hand Ringo over soon, I'm going to get my friends and we're burning this town to the ground, got it?"
Trudy: "We'll keep that in mind. Now, if you're not going to buy something, get out."
(Joe Cobb's and Trudy's dialogue)