|For an overview of combat armor variants throughout the Fallout series, see combat armor.|
Background[edit | edit source]
These variants of riot gear were a recent introduction for use as L.A.P.D. riot armor, in which they respectfully donned a green palette, worn with a matching new model of military helmet with built-in low light optics, a combination infrared/white light lamp and gas mask, all of which were brought together with the use of dark brown dusters with pouches located on the sides of the sleeves, and a set of military brown pants.
These sets of riot armor were used by the special pre-War riot control officers in Hopeville and Ashton (later known as the Divide), under the supervision of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment wearing a recognizable helmet and a more advanced riot armor, when they were charged in riot control operations in the Divide against the entire local hippie community that protested outside Hopeville, against the ongoing Sino-American War.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Sets of riot gear are nearly statistically identical to the NCR Ranger combat armor, with the sole exception of having one-sixth less durability. However, it makes up for this with its effect "Riot Geared," which grants a +5 bonus to Guns skill, and a +1 bonus to Agility.
The helmet gives the effect "Red Eye," which gives the wearer low visibility sight while in sneak mode between 6:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M., or while indoors, and additionally, the helmet grants a +1 bonus to Perception.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- NCR Ranger combat armor, the black armor given to the NCR's elite rangers.
- Desert Ranger combat armor , the armor of the Desert Rangers before they merged with the New California Republic Rangers.
- Advanced riot gear, an advanced model of the pre-War riot gear, which was used by the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment.
- Elite riot gear, a set of unique riot gear which was used by a decorated NCR riot control officer within the Divide before their demise.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|NCR Ranger combat armor||20||30||600||7500||NCR disguise|
|Desert Ranger combat armor||22||30||600||8000||-|
|Riot gear||20||30||500||7994||+5 Guns|
|Advanced riot gear||21||25||600||8494||+10 Explosives|
|Elite riot gear||22||23||750||12500||+10 Guns|
+5 Critical chance
Locations[edit | edit source]
- In the Hopeville armory, two sets can be found, one in poor condition found inside a locker, and another that is in near perfect condition in an adjacent locker, with a Very Hard lock.
- Anywhere in the Divide, riot gear may periodically appear within a commissary terminal.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- All versions of riot gear helmets and their variants are flagged specifically as "hair", so you can still wear hats or berets with them.
- All versions of riot gear have a habit of changing the shoulder part of the duster to the color red instead of the normal brown/grey.
- The female version of all Riot Gears display no chest. It looks like the male version with the only difference being a more hourglass shaped waist.
- Playing caravan while the sneak sight is activated may make it difficult to see the cards.