In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For similarly named characters, see Smitty.|
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
I didn't come here to make friends.”
He is a member of Plik's little hunting club, and accompanies you during Plik's Safari. He has been a wasteland everyman, smuggling illicit cargo around the wasteland as a hired-gun.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Plik's Safari: Unlike his friend Jacob Humboldt, Smithy wears a practical suit of metal armor, and is equipped with a lever-action rifle for the safari. Despite these effective counter-measures, Smithy will likely meet his demise during Plik's safari, if only because of the large amount of feral ghouls. If he survives, he'll boast and brag about how he saved your life.
Effects of player action
- If you put on the ghoul mask before fighting in Plik's Safari, the ghouls won't attack you unless they are attacked. Rip Smithy and Jacob Humboldt also won't be attacked by ghouls nor attack them.
Drops on death
- "So you're number three? Well, let's get this thing goin."
- "You're welcome, by the way. You know, for saving your ass?"
- "I didn't come here to make friends."
- "Try not to fall. Nothing down there but dark and rads."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.93: "Rip Smithy
A merchant, hired-gun, and part-time Smuggler, Rip Smithy recently made a boatload of Caps selling a pair of child slaves named Sammy and Squirrel to Eulogy Jones over at Paradise Falls [CW2.08]."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)