Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
|For an overview of Ripper models throughout the Fallout series, see Ripper (weapon).|
A Ripper™ vibroblade. Powered by a small energy cell, the chainblade rips and tears into its target.”— Fallout and Fallout 2 description
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Ripper vibroblade has a number of steel teeth that rotate at an extremely fast pace. This allows the Ripper to easily cut through a targets flesh and bone. It has excellent damage statistics and is one of the best melee weapons available. However, to operate the Ripper, small energy cells are required.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Fallout[edit | edit source]
- Given to you by Mathia or Michael in Lost Hills.
- Various people carry one in the Cathedral, including Dane.
- Sold by the Gun Runners
Fallout 2[edit | edit source]
- Carried by press gangs around San Francisco.
- Carried by a member of the New Khans on level 3 of Vault 15 (in the right room from the elevator).
- Occasionally sold by Buster in New California Republic
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.113: "Ripper: A vibroblade knife. Think of it as a knife-sized chainsaw."