In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For an overview of Ripper models in the Fallout series of games, see Ripper (weapon).|
This weapon is good for a low- to mid-level melee player. The attack button can be held continuously and it will dismember anything in front of the player (much like a chainsaw or thermic lance), making short work of handling multiple enemies or large, slow creatures.
Similar to the default Ripper, the Ripper (GRA) has a special V.A.T.S. attack called "Long Cut" (Melee Weapons skill of 50 required). Long Cut uses 45 action points instead of 65, at the cost of doing half normal damage. It is also considered an improved holdout weapon, so long as your sneak skill is 50 or greater.
Like most GRA weapons, it has the same stats and textures as the standard model, but can accept weapon modifications.
- Ripper heavy duty chain, increases weapon condition by 50%.
- Ripper carbide teeth, increases damage by 10.
- Ripper, the common variant found in the Mojave.
- Arcade Gannon's Ripper, the companion-use variant only used by Arcade Gannon.
- Rippers do more damage in one action in V.A.T.S. than in normal combat.
- When damaging some enemies (like mantises) red blood will be displayed instead of green.