Rite of Passage (Honest Hearts)
Rite of Passage
Defeat the Ghost of She
According to Sorrows legend, a curious girl who lived long ago wandered into a yao guai den and was killed by the bears. Because she died before her day of naming, the girl's soul remained on Earth and now relentlessly wanders and is one with the yao guai that ate her. White Bird wants the Ghost of She killed so the girls spirit by leave this world.
- Speak to Waking Cloud about her yao guai gauntlet.
- Speak to White Bird in his cave in The Narrows.
- Collect three sacred datura roots around Zion Canyon and return to White Bird.
- Go to the Ghost Den.
- Kill the Ghost of She.
- Loot the corpse for its paw.
- Return to White Bird.
|5||Speak to White Bird the shaman.|
|10||Pick the roots from the 3 sacred datura plants.|
|20||Return the roots to the Shaman.|
|25||Pick the roots from the 3 sacred datura plants.|
|30||Return to the Shaman to start the ritual|
|40||Retrieve the paw from Ghost of She.|
|50||Return to the Shaman.|
- CAUTION: The effects of this quest may cause motion sickness..
- When talking to White Bird for the first time with the Wild Wasteland trait, asking what he is talking about will cause him to reply "Take drugs. Kill a bear".
- The Ghost of She's strange physical characteristics are a result of the Courier being under the influence of a datura derived drug.
- It is comparable to the quest Walking with Spirits from the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout, where the player is exposed to some form of mother Punga gas, resulting in severe hallucinations.
- Purchasing the datura roots from Joshua Graham doesn't satisfy the quest objective. The player has to pick the datura roots marked on the Pip-Boy 3000 map.
- The quest can not be completed if the player has already finished the main quest. White Bird will disappear after the completion of the main quest.
Behind the scenes
- A rite of passage is a ritual event that marks a person's progress from one status to another, usually life to death.