Fallout 3 locations project
To the southeast of Alexandria Arms, is a small pier with the Duchess Gambit docked. There is random junk strewn out on the dock. Catherine is waiting impatiently for passers-by to offer their help while Tobar the Ferryman waits for passers-by to embark on a treasure hunt to the damp and humid Point Lookout.
- Mirelurks spawn at this location, though they instantly die as though they were killed by Tobar (or Nadine, after Tailing the Tomboy) and Catherine. This happens frequently, and at higher levels can be an excellent source of easy softshell mirelurk meat as two mirelurk kings, two mirelurk hunters and a regular mirelurk are what appear.
- Talon Company mercs may occasionally be found on the beach as well behind a crashed truck.
- The containers on the pier are unsafe to store items in, as they occasionally reset.
- The water around the wooden pier sometimes turns white or perfectly clear upon visiting. Turning your Pip-Boy light on and off should fix this problem.
- Sometime Tobar will be floating around the water and can eventually make it impossible to talk to him because he will eventually float in the boat. A way to fix this is to simply fast travel to somewhere like Megaton and then return.
- If you walked on the edge of the Potomac here, then you may have been chased by mirelurks. If you don't want to fight them, start talking to either Tobar or Catherine.e