In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Rivet City science lab
Rivet City science lab
Rivet City's science lab has been a facet of the city ever since the Naval Research Institute established themselves on the beached aircraft carrier. As of late, Dr. Li has been leading her team in the research of portable fusion power and hydroponics technology. So far, they have had limited success by purifying just enough water grow limited amounts of crops, like apples, carrots, pears, and potatoes, but still lack the infrastructure to replicate these results on a large scale. Their research on portable fusion power was later used by the Brotherhood of Steel to remedy the energy management problems experienced by Liberty Prime, enabling the Brotherhood to overcome the Enclave and recapture Project Purity.
The science lab spans two decks, organized in the aft bay that already contained some scientific abilities. The center part of the area contains the hydroponics and purification center, together with the bounty of fruit and vegetables the science team grows to sustain the city's population and provide it with trading goods.
- Madison Li, head of the science team
- Janice Kaplinski, scientist
- Anna Holt, scientist
- Garza, helper
- Zimmer and Armitage, Institute "delegation" looking for an android. At first they are encountered as they argue with Anna Holt by the sealed rear bulkhead.
- The Intelligence Vault-Tec bobblehead is on a table in the center next to some purified fruits and vegetables.
- A small supply of fresh fruits and vegetables can be found on tables around the lab, which results in karma loss if stolen.
- Janice can be seen eating the food on the table sometimes.
The Rivet City science lab appears only in Fallout 3.
- Doctor Li's Terminal, Hydroponic Progress
- The Lone Wanderer: "How is Liberty Prime holding up?"
Reginald Rothchild: "Performance is exceeding all our expectations. He's been especially effective against the Enclave's Vertibirds, for which we previously had no counter. We're fine-tuning his programming as we go, but on the whole I'm pleasantly surprised. It's as I always suspected. Prime's real issue was energy management, and when Doctor Li helped us solve that problem, well, the rest was easy."
(Reginald Rothchild's dialogue)