In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Rivet City security
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
Rivet City security
You're a low-life, but if you keep your nose clean, we'll let you stay.”
Rivet City security are the police and defense force of Rivet City. They are issued black first generation combat armor, a riot helmet and a 10mm submachine gun for the job. After Project Purity became operational, Rivet City security helped the Brotherhood of Steel escort water caravans across the wasteland.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|10mm submachine gun|
Drops on death
- If you murder a guard, wait 72 hours, and then come back, all guards remember the crime. However, they are not hostile and simply say "We should throw you off the ship for what you've done, but Harkness told us forgive and forget". Harkness says similar dialogue, albeit stating that he'll "let you go just this once". Of course, killing the guards again and talking to Harkness will make him say that he'll let you go over and over.
- If you steal a certain number of items (it doesn't seem to have to be from Rivet City), the guards will know about it, occasionally saying things like "You're a lowlife, but keep your nose clean from now on and we'll let you stay."
- Every now and then, you can see a guard at Potomac Attire, telling Bannon to inform them whenever he gets new things in.
- Killing a guard will cost you 100 karma.
- In Mothership Zeta, an abducted Rivet City security guard can be found in a holding cell. If the Lone Wanderer completes Mothership Zeta and goes back to the cell, the guard will be calmly pacing round the room. However, if talked to she will respond with "This can't be happening, this can't be real!" as though it were the Lone Wanderer had just escaped his/her cell.
Rivet City security appear only in Fallout 3.
- Super-Duper Mart, a common spawn point for many a non-player character, supports this spawn point for Rivet City guards for unspecified reasons. Occasionally Rivet City guards can be found elsewhere in the wasteland wandering aimlessly around. The
- When you are fully hidden, and kill a Rivet City Officer when no one is around, other Security Officers will become hostile to you, until you return 24 hours later.
- Washington Monument, then fast travel to Rivet City, kill the guard at the entrance, reload your save and fast travel to Rivet City again, the guard will be hostile as if you attacked them. Killing the guard again and then reloading the save should take care of this problem. Sometimes when you save at the top of the