Robobrain War Mind (Fallout 76)
Developed jointly by General Atomics International in conjunction with RobCo Industries, the Robobrain was designed from the ground up as a multirole platform for use by military and civilian clients. They are more flexible and powerful than robots due to the fact that their central control and processing unit is an actual brain, rather than an artificial facsimile. Coupled with a robust, all-terrain tracked chassis and powerful armaments, the Robobrain was on the forefront of a new revolution in combat robotics.
These particular Robobrains have been unleashed from the experimental laboratories set up by RobCo Industries near Watoga, where the technology was iterated upon and expanded, combining it with exploratory artificial intelligences.
Robobrains are difficult combatants who act as high level enemies with plenty of hit points and damage resistance, as well as a higher damage output. While their tracks limit their mobility, the Robobrains have one major advantage: They automatically obscure themselves in a cloud of smoke, greatly reducing the chances of hitting them in VATS and making regular fighting difficult. One way to counter it is to memorize their location constantly. Another is to fight them against a bright backdrop, such as a light source or the sky, so that their silhouette is always visible.
Robobrains can drop the following. All drops are random.
- Plan: Tesla Rifle
- Two counts of Fusion cells and random amount of other ammunition.
- Robot components: Fuse , vacuum tube, power relay coil, enhanced targeting card, military-grade circuit board, biometric scanner .
- Random amounts of super common metals and aluminum.
- RobCo sales and service center acts as cover for the research below.
- Fallout: New Vegas loading screen hints: "The Robobrain, constructed by General Atomics International before the great nuclear war, is unique in that it uses an actual organic brain as its central processor."
- Automatron loading screen hints: "The Robobrain, constructed by General Atomics International before the Great War, is unique in that it uses an actual organic brain as its central processor."
- Betsy Spinelli's Holotape