Ruby Hill mine
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Ruby Hill mine
Layout[edit | edit source]
The main room of the mine features several lakelurks. Going up the stairs and down the path leads to a large water-filled cavern, with more lakelurks. Under the water there is a round table with four chairs, four human skeletons in or near a chair, and the corpse of a super mutant brute. On the table is a deck of cards with two cards dealt in front of each seat, 1 up and 1 down, as if the four skeletons had been engaged in a game of Blackjack.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Up to 3 incendiary grenades that can be found inside the explosive crates unlocked by the worn key found on a dead Jackal gang member; one crate has an average lock on it.
- Pushy can be found on a dead Jackal gang member in the big hall with a lake.
- An incinerator or assault carbine and a multiplas rifle, along with ammunition and assorted food items as well as a Stealth Boy (occasionally), on the super mutant brute corpse that is floating in the water.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Standing at the entrance to the mine (outside), facing away, follow the rock immediately to your left. Just a few feet from the entrance there is a hollowed-out rock with random loot. Located south by south-west of this location is a grave (random item) near the cliff face. Often, there will be a bighorner bull near the grave.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Ruby Hill mine appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The super mutant brute corpse may come to life, but will not attack and continue to float through the water. Strangely enough, killing it will only result in one point of XP.
- Having Rex as a companion may cause him to fall into the floor or repeatedly fall from the ceiling.
- In order to fix the ground glitch, attack the lakelurk that may spawn next to him.
- When Rex continuously falls from the ceiling, just wait for the game to correct this glitch.
- Some companions may involuntarily wait in the upper portion of the mine. Upon leaving, they will rejoin you.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.290-291: "[1.03] Ruby Hill Mine
Nestled in a rock face west of the winding Trail 157 and grazing Bighorners is a rickety door leading to an abandoned mine. Note the Hollowed-Out Rock next to the entrance. The water-logged mine, now filled with Lakelurks, is the final resting place of a Jackal Gang explorer."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)