Fallout 3 locations project
The Sacred Bog is a location in Point Lookout, reached via the Sacred Bog Entrance on the westernmost side of the map.
Background[edit | edit source]
To the Point Lookout tribals, this punga infested swamp is the most sacred of areas in Point Lookout. Not only is the bayou lined with punga fruit, but the Mother Punga lies at the end of it. The tribal initiation has one breathe deep the spores of the Mother Punga, inducing a hallucinogenic walkabout through the bog. Should the initiate return to the Ark & Dove Cathedral, they are welcomed into the order.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The bog is is a circular and rocky wetland populated with swamplurks, swamplurk queens and swamp ghouls. The path is abundant with wild punga plants, more than any other location in Point Lookout. A very large plant referred to as the Mother Punga is at the end of the path. There are 40 punga plants surrounding the Mother Punga alone.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Directly north of the Sacred Bog entrance is a burned out house with an easy locked ammunition box, another ammunition box, a Chinese assault rifle and 2 RadAway.
- The water inside the Sacred Bog has unusually low levels of radiation; drinking from most bodies of water inside the bog will heal 20 HP while only causing an increase of 1 unit of radiation. The exception is the body of water immediately prior to the Mother Punga plant, which has a normal level of radiation.
- Upon entering this location, fast travel is not available until you exit from sacred bog entrance.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- There are reports of unusually frequent crashes in this area. Upon investigating in the GECK, there is an activator in this cell that can cause some PCs to crash. There is a third party fix available.
- There is a possible bug that will allow you to remain under the swamp water just outside of the Sacred Bog Entrance without affecting oxygen levels.